Services Available

As staffing permits

Home Safe Program

The University of Wisconsin - Green Bay Police and Public Safety Office strives to make your safety our priority. In order to ensure you always feel safe here on campus, our officers are available to walk with students or faculty who may feel unsafe walking alone from any place on the UWGB campus 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The free service is provided on a first come, first served basis unless officers are on another call.

To use the Home Safe Program:

  1. Call the Public Safety Office at 920-465-2300 (ext. 2), or 2300 (ext. 2) from a campus phone.
  2. Tell the dispatcher your name, where you are, what you are wearing (for identification purposes), and your phone number (in the event we need to call you back).
  3. Stay where you said you would be.
  4. If your needs change prior to Public Safety arriving, call the dispatcher back and let them know.

If you have an immediate safety concern when calling please tell the dispatcher to allow our officer to respond accordingly. If you have any questions about the Home Safe Program, please contact our office.

Bike Licenses or Registration

  • UW registration is available at the Office of Public Safety, the University Union Main Desk/Information Center, and at the housing Community Center. Registration is mandatory and free of charge.
  • City licenses are available at the Green Bay Police Department free of charge

The WI Statewide VINE system is a service through which victims of crime can use the telephone or Internet to search for information regarding the custody status of their offender and to register to receive telephone and e-mail notification when the offender's custody status changes. The VINE toll-free number for the WI Statewide VINE system is 888-868-4631. This service is provided to assist Victims of Crime who have a right to know about their offender's custody status.