You have taken the first step in managing your records, instead of letting your records manage you.
Follow the Records Management Six-Step program:
- Set up a time when the Records Officer can come and look at your records. UW-Green Bay's Records Officer is:
Deb Anderson: x2539 or email@example.com.
In the meantime, you can begin the process by completing an Inventory and Analysis Worksheet. Send your completed worksheets to the Records Officer prior to your meeting to speed the process.
- Staff Visit
- Records Officer will survey the records in your area with you.
- Some records may fall under an umbrella category of records that are already scheduled by the State. These will be identified with you.
- Records unique to our campus/your office will need to be scheduled. Records Officer will instruct and assist you with filling out the paperwork.
- Your Record Schedules (RDAs) are submitted to the Public Records Board by the Records Officer.
- Waiting Period. The Public Records Board meets quarterly to discuss and approve record schedules.
- Records Officer receives approved RDAs back from Public Records Board. You are notified and receive a copy with retention/destruction instructions.
- Follow the retention/destruction instructions for each of your record types.