Academic Plan Hold
Students are required to declare a valid Academic Plan by the time they have earned 45 total credits.
A check list reminder about declaring a valid academic plan is found on your SIS student account.
You must have a minimum of:
- A major that is interdisciplinary or
- A disciplinary major paired with an interdisciplinary major/minor
- A specified emphasis for those majors where one is required
To Declare a Major/Minor/Certificate:
- You need to connect with a department faculty advisor.
- Declaration of Major/Minor/Certificate form can be found here.
- Some programs have additional entry requirements or require a pre-major declaration. More information about declaring a major can be found here.
- You will not be able to register once the hold is placed on your account.
- You are notified via your UWGB email account once the hold is placed on your record.
- You may be granted a one semester grace period to declare a major from certain programs (Accounting, Business Administration, Communication, Human Biology, Music or Social Work). The Academic Plan Waiver form is approved by faculty one-time only. Approved forms are submitted to the Registrar's office, an extension is placed on the account and a student may begin registering for the current term.
- If a student is not able to gain entry into the program, a declaration of major is still required for the next registration period. For additional information contact Student Services at (920) 465-2657 or firstname.lastname@example.org.