Assurances & Compliances
When submitting a federal request for funds, every institution must certify compliance with over 25 federal regulations and congressionally-imposed requirements. The Office of Grants and Research (OGR) will provide, complete and provide the federal assurance and compliance forms for signature review by the authorized representative for the university. Though by the Principle Investigator signing the internal review form, Extramural Support Transmittal Form, you will assure that your project will comply will all assurances, federal, state and institutional.
The Standard Assurances themselves may be conveniently reduced to a few broad categories: Management, Environment and Development, Civil Rights, Research Activities and Construction. The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) is the federal agency charged with producing Standard Assurances. All other assurances required for submission must be provided to the OGR well in advance of the submission date.
- IACUC approval date - Date of last approval or continuation by the UWGB IACUC
- Debarment and suspension - No
- Drug-free workplace - Yes
- Lobbying with federally appropriated funds - No
- Lobbying with other than federally appropriated funds - No, the lower tier certification is for subcontractors only. Do not submit Form LLL "Disclosure of Lobbying Activities" unless you have lobbying activity to disclose.
- Delinquent federal debt - No
- Misconduct in science - Yes
- Civil rights - On file
- Handicapped individuals - On file
- Sex discrimination - On file
- Age discrimination - On file
- Minority and Women-Owned Businesses - On file
UW- Green Bay Policies
- Scientific Misconduct Policy
- IRB (Human Subjects Research) and IACUC (Animal subjects Research)
- University of Wisconsin-Green Bay Guidelines for Implementing National Science Foundation (NSF) Responsible Conduct of Research Training Requirements.
Federal Policies / Regulations
Federal Laws and Regulations for Grant Administration: it is the Principle Investigator's responsibility to be aware of and adhere to the federal grant guidelines for funded projects.
- Bayh-Dole Act
- Code of Federal Regulations Search Engine
- Federal Demonstration Partnership (FDP)
- OMB Circulars Index
- A-21: UIC Policy
- Appendix A: Data Collection Form (Form SF-SAC)
- 2010 Compliance Supplement