skip to content

Office of Grants & Research

Pre-Award Spending Requests

Requests to establish an extramural account in anticipation of funding should be in the form of a memo from the appropriate Department Chair's office, with approval of the corresponding Dean, to Assistant Vice Chancellor Michael Marinetti. In order to establish an extramural account, the Office of Grants and Research and the Controller's Office must have on file a completed Transmittal Form including all necessary approving signatures, a copy of the proposal, a complete and approved budget with verification* from the funding agency that funding is forthcoming. Some funding sources do not accept pre-award expenditures.

  • For federally funded grants and contracts verify with Jeff Selner (465-2001).
  • For non-federal sources including contracts verify with Lidia Nonn (465-2565).