Where do I go for help?
It depends on the activity. The OGR handles all pre-award and non-financial post-award activities while the Controller's Office handles all financial post-award activities. While the two offices work closely together to ensure that appropriate and accurate fiscal information is provided on agency requests, use the table below as a guide.
Office of Grants and Research (OGR)
- Proposal and budget review
- Online submission of proposals
- IDC waivers and cost sharing approvals
- Requests from sponsors regarding pending and awarded projects
- Negotiation, execution, and modification of contracts
- Receipt and processing of the Notice of Award
- Sign-off for relinquishing documents, grant transfers, and Patent/Invention Statements
- Set up of anticipation accounts
- Set up of traditional accounts
- Day-to-day monitoring of expenditure activity on sponsored programs
- Financial Status Reports
- No-cost extensions on grants and contracts
- Prior approval requests/notifications, i.e. permission to carry forward funds, change of PI, change of scope, and major re-budgeting