configuring tcp\ip for Macintosh osx
- Select System Preferences from the Apple Main Menu.
- Under Internet & Network, click Network.
- Click the drop down menu 'Show:' to display Built-in Ethernet. (If all the options are greyed out, you will need to click on the little lock in the lower left corner and supply an administrative password for your computer.)
- Click the TCP/IP tab and where it reads 'Configure IPv4', choose Using DHCP.
- Click Apply Now to apply the changes.
- Restart your computer and you should have access to Internet resources.