Configuring TCP\IP for Windows
- If you are running Windows XP with the XP style start menu:
From the Start Menu choose Control Panel. Click Network and Internet Connections. Click Network Connections.
If you are running Windows XP with the classic style start menu or Windows 2000:
From the Start Menu choose Settings, then Control Panel. Double click Network Connections.
- Double-click on the Local Area Connection.
- Click Properties.
- If Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) is listed, make sure it has a check next to it and skip to step 8. If not...
- Click Install.
- Select Protocol and click Add.
- Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click OK.
- Return to the "Local Area Connection Properties" window and Highlight Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and select Properties.
- Select Obtain an IP address automatically; select Obtain DNS address automatically.
- Click the OK button to return to the Local Area Connection Properties.
- Click the Close button to save your changes.
- Restart your computer and you should have access to Internet resources.