Make sure your Anti-Virus software is working and is using the most current virus definitions. If you have no AV software or it is expired, please see our recommendations for anti-virus software.
Other helpful Virus Removal Tools
McAfee Stinger Removal Tool - Removes trojans and other viruses. Click here for more info and download.
Symantec's virus removal tool list can be found here.
Safe Mode Instructions:
If you can't quarantine viruses found on your computer, starting the computer in safe mode and running a virus scan should fix your problem.
- Restart your computer.
- Continually press the F8 key until you reach a menu with a number of options.
- Choose Safe Mode from the options menu. (Use the arrow keys to make your selection)
- Once the computer has entered windows, a warning screen will pop up alerting you to the fact that you have started the computer in Safe Mode. Click 'Yes' since this is what you want to do.
- Once the computer has finished booting up into Windows, run your anti-virus program and do a scan on your local drive. (Typically the C: drive)
- When this has finished, restart your computer normally and windows will boot up normally.