Resources and Benefits
Retiree, Emerita and Emeritus ID Card
Announcing the new UW-Green Bay Retiree Card! This card is FREE courtesy of the Retiree Association, and gives retirees access to on-campus and off-campus privileges such as PassPoints and discounts to campus venues. For more information, see below or click here.
PassPoints. Add cash to ID card for campus use of:
o Special discounted membership rate to those who present card.
Shorewood Golf Course
o One free power cart per month
o One free Buy One Get One per month
o 15% off food and merchandise
o Offers good months of May, June, July, August, and September
o Ten percent discount when you show your ID at purchase. If an online order, use the discount plan "Retiree."
David A. Cofrin Library
o Free access to library and certain privileges.
Marcus Cinema East, Green Bay
o Special pricing for UW-Green Bay retirees on Thursdays at Marcus Cinema Green Bay East (1000 Kepler Drive, 920-4668-6500). Show your Emeritus, Emerita or Retired Faculty/Staff Card at the theatre on Thursdays to receive $5 admission tickets for all 2D features ($8 for 3D features), and receive a free popcorn with ticket purchase.
Weidner Center for Performing Arts
University Arts (Music, Theatre, Lawton Gallery)
Digital and Communication Benefits
Retiree E-Mail Account
UW-Green Bay retirees are eligible for a free e-mail account. This benefit makes it easier for retirees to receive campus communication, contact other retirees and stay connected to UW-Green Bay.
Find out more about requesting a Retiree E-mail Account.
Campus Retiree Listserv
The campus retiree listserv (uwgbretirees-L) is a great way to keep in touch. UW-Green Bay retirees and current employees with an interest in this list may subscribe by sending the single line message 'subscribe uwgbretirees-L' to email@example.com.
Campus WiFi Access
Retiree email accounts can be used to log onto the campus wireless network, eduroam. One advantage of using eduroam is that if a retiree visits another University that also supports eduroam (and there are hundreds that do worldwide), the retiree will be able to access the eduroam network of that University using their UWGB retiree account and password. For information on how to connect through eduroam, click here.
Annual Fall Dinner Meeting
At its annual fall dinner meeting, members elect officers and a Board of Directors that, in turn, establishes membership, service, communication, and program committees.
See the Retiree Events Schedule for more detailed information.
Retirees Golf Outing
See photos from the 2015 Retirees Golf Outing.
UW Green Bay Police, working with UWGB Retiree Association, have authorized UWGB Retirees to park on campus for free. UWGB Retirees, except those who are employees, enrolled in LIR or a student, may sign up for free virtual parking permit beyond the five days allowed per year without registering for free parking.
- Free parking applications must be done annually to keep updated information in the system.
- Once you are registered in the parking system as a UWGB Retiree, you are no longer considered a Visitor, and therefore, cannot park in the Visitor Lot (during regular business hours). Plates registered in the system are considered faculty, staff, or students, and will be ticketed if found parked in the Visitor Lot. Registered plates must park in one of the regular lots.
To sign up for free parking:
1. Go to http://www.uwgb.edu/publicsafety/parking/Parking-Permit.html
2. Click on Visitor Permit Request under Virtual Permit Request - Campus
3. Complete the Visitor Permit Request online form
4. Reason for campus visit: UWGB Retiree
5. Date range of request: enter Beginning Date and End Date
- date range can be for the Academic Year
- requests must be submitted each academic year to continue