WHAT IS NEW/DROP-IN ADVISING?
The New/Drop-In Advising module allows a faculty member to view class schedules, enrollment appointments, grades, degree progress, and unofficial transcripts for any student on campus. Advisors who have designated students as advisees may also which to use this method of viewing information - you avoid having to generate a list of all past\present advisees first.
Follow these steps to view a New/Drop-In advisee's information.
1. Logon to the Student Information System.
2. From the Faculty Center, select the advisement tab.
3. Click on the Search icon to the right of the Student ID field.
4. To find a particular student, enter his/her last name or 9-digit Campus ID, and click Lookup. Click on the link for the student you wish to advise.
NOTE: You can enter the student's last name in the Name box or the Last Name box. There isn't a way to search on a first name only. It's recommended that you ONLY use a Last Name when using this feature. Don't enter Doe,John on the Last Name field; instead, enter Doe and then select the correct student from the list. Or you can use the 9-digit Campus ID.
5. Use the Student Details drop-down list to select the type of information you'd like to view. Click on Change to generate the report.
6. To close the report window, scroll to the bottom of the screen and click the CANCEL button. You can now select a different student or a different report.
Return to SIS Help