For a list of Volunteer Opportunities, click here.
Remember to use PRO: We hope all students are using and enjoying these job postings. If you are looking
for a job or an internship, however, please remember that these are only internal, departmental postings. Your first resource
in your job or internship search should always be the PRO system
through Career Services.
Notice: The National Health Service Corps has a loan repayment program for those who work at a NHSC approved site. Here is the link to their website: http://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loanrepayment/ or for a quick summary, click here.
The Department of Children and Families has social worker vacancies in the Division of Safety and Permanence/Bureau of Milwaukee Child Welfare (BMCW) in Milwaukee and are Continually Recruiting. Click here for more information.
Advocates for Healthy Transitional Living - Team Leader
General Description: Coordinate activities associated with the Treatment Foster Care homes. Oversee the interaction between the foster children and the foster home, school, and community.
- Serve as the Team Coordinator of the Treatment Team, including coordinating meetings of all treatment team members.
- Coordinate programming for foster youth and arrange respite services, when needed.
- Complete treatment plan reviews, including recording data for outcomes measures.
- Participate in on-call services with the Treatment Foster Care Team.
- Work collaboratively with schools, law enforcement and other community organizations through open communication to enhance foster children's success.
- Assist with referrals as needed.
- Coordinate and/or assist with transportation of children on caseload as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field plus experience working with youth and families
- Reliable transportation, including insurance
- Must pass all background checks
For more information, please check out our website or Facebook page.
Boys & Girls Club of Green Bay - After School Site Director
The Boys & Girls Club of Green Bay is currently seeking a qualified individual to serve as the After School Site Director at Franklin Middle School. This position will manage overall daily operations of the Franklin after-school site
with the primary concern for programs and service delivery, supervision and training of staff, facilities management, community relations and membership administration. This encompasses planning, coordinating, implementing, and supervising
all Club program personnel (which includes ongoing recruitment and retention of a specified number of part time staff members). Certain administrative duties also fall within the After School Site Director responsibilities.
For a complete position description and information on how to apply, please visit our website.
Full-Time Social Worker
Waupaca County is accepting applications for a full-time Social Worker. As a function of the Waupaca County Department of Health and Human Services Department, the Social Worker performs professional social worker functions to provide a wide array
of services to the diverse population of Waupaca County residents in the area of Child Protective Services. This position works under the direct supervision of the Juvenile Court/Child Protective Manager and is fully committed to a Trauma Informed/Trauma
Pay Rate: $22.08 / hour (starting)
Benefits: Vacation, Paid Time Off, Wisconsin Retirement System, Deferred Compensation, Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Holidays & Longevity
Summary: Provides services to families that ensure safety, permanence and wellbeing of children according to federal, state and administrative code. Assess reports of alleged maltreatment, develop family assessments, treatment/safety plans, and court reports/testimony. Work collaboratively with other Departments and external provider, being reliable, ethical, effective and efficient. Participate in after hours on call rotation. Attends staff meetings and trainings as directed.
Education: Graduation from an accredited college with a degree in social work or human service field.
Experience: Experience working with the assigned population in need of available service.
Special Requirements: Possess a valid Wisconsin Social Work Certification, or be eligible for a Temporary Certificate and obtain that certificate within 6 months of hire and must receive full certification prior to two years of employment with Waupaca County. To Apply: Interested individuals must complete an application form. Application form may be obtained from the county website here.
or contact Human Resources:
811 Harding Street, Waupaca, WI 54981
Phone: (715) 258-6210
Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Deadline: Applications should be returned to the HR Department by 4:00pm on Wednesday, August 27th, 2014.
Boys & Girls Club of Green Bay - Events Coordinator
Title: Events Coordinator
Department: Resource Development
Reports To:: Senior Director of Development
Starting Grade: $30,000 - $40,000
Mission: The Boys & Girls Club of Green Bay exists to inspire and equip all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as caring, responsible citizens.
Primary Function: The Events Coordinator is responsible for the successful implementation and oversight of all special events for the Boys & Girls Club of Green Bay. This position requires an organized, energetic people person who enjoys working in a fast paced environment. Responsibilities include managing a special event portfolio that raises $475,000 a year, coordinating high-level event committees, and serving as the primary contact for each event. The Events Coordinator oversees the coordination and execution of:
- A Taste of Wine & Cheese
- Annual Golf Classic
- Steak & Burger
- Turkey Trot
- Other major donor cultivation initiatives and community awareness events
- Develops and implements unique event experiences that raise money to benefit local children.
- Overall responsible for all logistics before, during, and after the execution of each event. To include venue selection, budget management, guest list management, invitation mailing, response tracking, setup/takedown, etc.
- Engages, trains and guides high-level volunteers as well as corporate partners. Identifies volunteer opportunities, creates job descriptions, and provides appropriate recognition to participants.
- Educates and supports event committees to build knowledge of Club programs, mission and increase participation and revenue.
- Ensures that media exposure is accurate, timely, appropriate, and complete – before, during, and after all events. This may include working closely with the Club’s Marketing and Community Relations Manager who is the direct contact with the media.
- Maintains contact with donors, sponsors, vendors and volunteers throughout the year.
- Maintains detailed financial reports and analysis for each event.
- Reports to Senior Director of Development, at regular intervals or per schedule, progress on event planning, progress and feedback, including financial picture. Analyzes and gives feedback and suggestions. Performs duties as assigned.
- A minimum of two years of event planning experience with demonstrated year over year increases.
- Vision, creativity/initiative and an entrepreneurial spirit, combined with strong project management, organizational and communication skills.
- Experience working with high level corporate decision makers and donors a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills, analytical decision making, and creativity required.
- Ability to think quickly and maintain poise under pressure.
- Exemplary attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be willing to work on evenings and weekends as occasionally needed.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Software (Word, Excel, Power Point etc.) and CRM/fundraising software applications.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those Events Coordinator encounters while performing the essential functions of this job; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions; duties are normally performed in an office area and the noise level usually low to moderate.
Disclaimer: The job description in no way states or implies these are the only duties to be performed by the Events Coordinator. As necessary, the Events Coordinator will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Development. The Boys & Girls Club of Green Bay reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to Sylvia DuBeau (Senior Director of Development) via e-mail.
Case Manager – Treatment Foster Care Program
American Foundation of Counseling Services are looking to add a Full Time therapist to oversee case management services provided to severely emotionally disturbed (SED) children, adolescents, families and treatment foster families in our program.
Master’s Degree in Human Services or related field, with a Masters in Social Work preferred or a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work with 5 years’ experience. Professional licensure or certification required.
Ideal candidates would have a minimum of two years of experience in Child Welfare working directly with SED children and adolescents. It is essential to have a strong ability to coordinate services with schools and other community professionals, and have a willingness to develop skills in integrating clients’ faith and spiritual perspectives into their therapy. We have an excellent work environment, competitive compensation package, and a strong commitment to teamwork and mission.
Send resumes to:
Director of Operations
American Foundation of Counseling Services
130 E. Walnut
Green Bay, WI 54301
Overnight Crisis Counselor
The Crisis Center of Family Services provides short-term crisis counseling for persons of all ages in Brown County through 24/7 telephone and in person counseling services. We are currently seeking a fulltime Crisis Counselor to join our overnight
team working a 2-2-3 rotation. Every other weekend= 3 days off! Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelors degree in social work or closely related field. Ideal candidates will already possess knowledge of Brown County resources and have previous
experience in Human Services. Bilingual abilities, a plus!
Please send resume to:
Attn: Michelle Rusboldt
P.O. Box 22308
Green Bay, WI 54305-2308
Phone: 436-4360, Ext. 1288
Fax: (920) 436-4376
Deadline: September 1st
YWCA: Parenting Instructor
Location: YWCA 230 S Madison Street
Hours: Monday & Wednesday 6:00pm-7:30pm
- Work with Coordinator and program staff to meet the goals and objectives of the Children First Family Literacy program.
- Plan P.A.C.T activities that encourage the literacy and language development of the children.
- Model techniques and strategies for fostering literacy and language development in a home environment.
- Survey parents to determine topics of interest regarding child rearing, child development and family management.
- Develop and provide parenting instruction centering on child rearing, child development and family management.
- Address individual parents’ concerns regarding their own practices, issues and goals.
- Provide specialized attention to each child/parent, responding to needs and characteristics of each individual.
- Provide emotional support, friendly attitudes and general guidance.
- Record parent participation in parenting and P.A.C.T activities for grant.
- Other duties as defined by YWCA Center Director and Children First Family Literacy Coordinator
- Preferred: Bachelors’ degree in human development, education or related field, Minimum: Childcare Provider Certificate
- Good organizational skills/ability to multi-task
- Patient, nurturing attitude and respect for children of all abilities, cultures and backgrounds
- Knowledge of best practices for parenting instruction and early childhood development
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated and detail oriented.
- Ability to be flexible.
House of Hope Program Support Staff
House of Hope is looking to fill a part time program support staff position for evening and weekend hours.
The qualified candidate must have a high school diploma, however, an undergraduate degree and/or direct experience in Social Work, Psychology, Human Services, Human Development or related field is beneficial.
Candidates should have appropriate interpersonal/communication skills to work with diverse clientele, a strong work ethic, and the ability and flexibility to handle a variety of projects and tasks as they arise.
Appropriate confidentiality and boundaries with clients are a must. Also, candidates should have the ability to maintain flexible work hours and must have a valid driver's license for the State of Wisconsin.
The Program Support Staff position is responsible for the supervision and care of the residents and children at the House of Hope.
The ideal candidate will have passion and enthusiasm for working with people and the ability to maintain positive relationships with Clients, Staff, Volunteers, Community Groups and Organizations.
A full position description can be found online at http://www.houseofhopegb.org/get-involved.html
Interested candidates, send a cover letter, resume, and references to Shannon Wienandt via e-mail or mail to:
Attn: Shannon Wienandt
1660 Christiana Street
Green Bay, WI 54303
Child Protective Services Ongoing Social Worker
Provide supervision and case management of child protective services cases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work with the Child Welfare Tract OR Bachelor’s degree in a closely related field with six months experience in Child Protective Services or Child Welfare
- Active Wisconsin Social Work Certification within six months of hire OR Wisconsin Social Worker – Training Certificate within six months of hire and then an active Wisconsin Social Work Certification within twelve months of hire
- Successful completion of State Intake Training within first six months of hire
- Insurance acceptable driver’s license
- Qualify under the Wisconsin Caregivers Law, Wisconsin Act 27
Salary: $40,120 ‐ $60,180
Mail resumes, including position title, to:
1926 Hall Avenue
Marinette, WI 54143
Or via Email.
Deadline: September 4th, by 4:30pm
Behavioral Health Therapist
Door County Human Services seeks an individual responsible for conducting effective and professional direct therapy for county residents affected by mental illness and/or alcohol or drug abuse or dependency.
Salary: $23.81 - 28.01 / hour
- Graduate of a certified college with a Master’s Degree in, Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or related area.
- Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Clinical Social Worker required and Wisconsin Certification as a Clinical Substance Abuse Counselor preferred.
To apply: Submit a completed County application (located here) to:
421 Nebraska St.
Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235.
Social Worker-Child & Family Services
Door County Department of Human Services seeks an individual responsible for juvenile court intake, access/assessment, and/or ongoing services in either Child Protection and/or Juvenile Justice Cases. Workers will have a primary area of focus.
Salary: $19.15 - $22.53 / hour
- Graduate with a BA / BS degree (or higher) from a certified college or university program in Social Work.
- Certification as a Social Worker (or higher level of Social Worker certification) with the State of Wisconsin Department of Regulation and Licensing.
- Previous experience providing social/human services and supervision to children/juveniles/families preferred.
To apply: Submit a completed County application (located here) to:
421 Nebraska St.
Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235.
Northwest Journey Day Treatment has an opening for a FULL TIME Group Facilitator to provide counseling to adolescents suffering from mental health and/or behavioral health issues. Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in a human service field with two years’ experience working with youth with mental health concerns, or a Master’s degree with one year of experience. Position includes paid time off, health insurance, and other benefits. Please email cover letter and resume to Jennifer Sovey-Fahey at Jennifers@nwcgc.com for consideration.
Behavioral Health Case Worker
Door County Human Services seeks an individual responsible for a wide range of highly creative case management services. Will provide individualized client centered services to facilitate, assist and enhance the ability of persons diagnosed with
chronic persistent mental illness and/or substance use disorders who live in the community in order to promote and return to independent functioning and reduce risk of hospitalization.
- Become trained and familiar with case management functions as it relates to Targeted Case Management, Comprehensive Community Services (CCS for those who suffer from mental illness and/or substance use disorders.
- Function as a Targeted Case Manager as well as the Comprehensive Community Services Facilitator.
- Maintain a regular schedule of supportive 1:1 contacts both in-home and office with at least 50% of contacts in the community.
- Act as primary liaison between Human Services and Corporation Counsel to complete Emergency Detention Orders, Commitment Extension and WATTS Reviews as needed.
- Attend all chapter 51 court hearings as the DHS representative. Follow all adult consumers who are placed on commitments or settlement agreements to assure compliance with treatment conditions.
- Monitor client’s day to day functioning, and symptoms, reporting medical/psychiatric concerns to prescribing physician/nurse practitioner.
- Provide support, crisis intervention, assist in development of natural supports, make necessary referrals for services.
- Complete all documentation as required by Department of Human Services/Behavioral Health Program to include: daily documentation of all face to face contacts, collateral contacts and updating treatment plans and crisis plans every 6 months.
- Attend psychiatric appointments and other medical appointments as deemed necessary.
- Graduate with at least a Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, social work, or other related human services field.
- One year of previous experience with those who suffer from mental illness and substance use disorders required. Three (3) years of experience preferred.
- Must complete state on-line training to be approved as screener for MH/AODA functional screen within six months.
Door County application packet can be obtained at:
421 Nebraska St.
Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235.
Or from their website: http://www.co.door.wi.gov
Case Manager with the Transitional Living Program
Family Services Transitional Living Program is seeking to fill a full time (40 hour per week) Case manager position providing intensive case management to homeless young adults with ongoing substance abuse issues.
Duties include assessment, development and implementation of individualized plans, providing individual and group counseling as well as training in interpersonal and basic living skills. Responsibilities also include monitoring participant’s education, employment, treatment plan and place of residence.
Qualifications include a bachelor’s degree in human services or related field, skills in maintaining strong working relationships with community landlords and community agencies, a minimum of two years case management experience, and a background in working with clients with substance abuse issues. In addition, person must have experience in working with high-risk people in a culturally competent manner and understand a positive youth development model as well as an understanding of trauma informed care. This position requires an innovative, dynamic personality who goes above and beyond and is able to think creatively to gain success with participants.
If interested please forward cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Attn: Andrea Huss
P.O. Box 22308
Green Bay, WI 54305-2308
After School Program Case Manager
The Coming Home Project of Family Services is seeking a qualified individual 40 hours a week to provide prevention and intervention services to at risk youth.
- Homework help
- Gang prevention activities
- Implementing site based activities
- Collaboration with schools and other community service providers
- Individual and family intervention strategies
- Creating recreational activities
- Community service events.
Must be available for regular school year between the hours of 2:00-7:00 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday as well as our summer schedule and must have a valid driver’s license.
If interested please contact Meika Burnikel via email or at:
PO Box 22308
Green Bay, WI 54305-2308
The NASW has developed a new email list that members can join upon request. People on this list receive information about social work job
openings at various organizations and agencies as they come in. For more information about NASW or becoming a member, please click