For a list of Volunteer Opportunities, click here.
Remember to use PRO: We hope all students are using and enjoying these job postings. If you are looking
for a job or an internship, however, please remember that these are only internal, departmental postings. Your first resource
in your job or internship search should always be the PRO system
through Career Services.
Notice: The National Health Service Corps has a loan repayment program for those who work at a NHSC approved site. Here is the link to their website: http://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loanrepayment/ or for a quick summary, click here.
The Department of Children and Families has social worker vacancies in the Division of Safety and Permanence/Bureau of Milwaukee Child Welfare (BMCW) in Milwaukee and are Continually Recruiting. Click here for more information.
Grant Writer/Program Effectiveness Liaison
The Boys & Girls Club of Green Bay seeks a personable and analytical individual for our Grant Writer and Program Effectiveness Liaison opportunity. This position serves as a resource to
those who manage the implementation of Club services and programs by providing accurate measurement, analysis, and reporting of work by linking program outcomes to fundraising.
The Grant Writer and Program Effectiveness Liaison will present the positive impact of Boys & Girls Clubs programming in writing to effectively secure funding. This individual must
have the ability to seek and synthesize information; communicate in a compelling and succinct form; take initiative, think critically, manage time, and prioritize multiple tasks and
To be considered, please apply by sending a cover letter, resume, internal application and three professional references to Johanna Wicklund, Director of Program Development & Evaluation at email@example.com in a timely fashion — there is no deadline but preliminary interviews will begin taking place shortly — this position will remain open until we find the right person.
To view a complete position description, please visit our website at www.bgcgb.org.
Adult Protective Services Position
Winnebago County Department of Human Services is seeking interested applicants for an APS (Adult Protective Services) Position opening in its Oshkosh Office.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably in a health or human services field)
- One year of experience in working with adult target groups served by the Aging and Disability Resource Center
- Relevant Adult Protective Services work experience.
To view the full job description and to apply, click here.
Job Opportunity: ASPIRO, inc
Job Summary: Assists people receiving services in obtaining and retaining competitive employment based on their strengths, preferences and needs.
- Develops individual employment goals and objectives through a written case plan;
- Conduct initial assessment to determine client appropriateness for community based supported employment.
- Develops relationships in the business community for program marketing, including performing job site surveys to identify potential businesses in which to place clients according to their interests.
- Conduct task analysis of client job duties and responsibilities.
- Provide onsite training and utilize fading techniques to withdraw from site when appropriate; promote use of natural supports in the workplace.
- Provide ongoing support to the client at the work site based on the individual needs of the client to promote job retention, including negotiating work related issues with employers such as schedule, site modification, etc.
- Coordinate and provide ongoing communication with parents, residential providers, DVR counselors, social workers, etc. to provide information on client status on the job.
- Determine and monitor income maintenance benefits (SSI, SSDI, MA, etc.) in relation to wages earned.
- Provide placement and training services for clients entering the Job Placement Program.
- Assist students, families and school personnel in the transition process from school to work.
Interdisciplinary Fellowship in Palliative Care
The Milwaukee VA Medical Center is recruiting qualified applicants for our Interdisciplinary Fellowship in Palliative Care.
This is a one-year program designed to train participants in the many skills required to competently care for people at end of life. This positions offers opportunities for
clinical rotations at VA and non-VA sites. Qualified applicants will have a Masters Degree in Social Work from an accredited university (by August 2014) and a strong interest
in working in a palliative care setting. The annual salary is $30,706.00 with benefits. Interested candidates should contact Don Weir by March 21st, 2014 for further information
and application materials at the following address/number:
Don Weir, MSW, LCSW
Coordinator, Palliative Care Program (RECC)
Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center
Milwaukee, WI 53295
Phone: 414-384-2000, ext. 46742
Part-Time Line Staff
Are you an energetic person who enjoys working with children and making a difference? If so, consider joining our team! Lund Van Dyke Inc is currently hiring Line Staff to work one on
one with children on the autism spectrum in their homes. Our Line Staff provide behavior therapy to support and encourage growth and skill development. Paid training and travel is provided.
- Provide therapy as directed by Senior Staff, following directions and policies
- Work with the clinical team and families to ensure client progression
- Proactively communicate with Senior Staff and therapy team
- Creativity and playfulness in interacting with clients
- Follow ethical guidelines
- Reliability and strong work ethic
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Able to lift 30-35 pounds
- Be able to pass a caregiver background check
- Prior experience working with children on the autism spectrum is highly preferred
- Valid Driver's License and proof of insured vehicle
Family Support Worker
Healthy Families, a comprehensive and intensive home visitation program has an immediate opening for a full time Family Support Worker. Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of community resources
- Child abuse and neglect prevention
- Maternal child health and child development
- Experience with client services which embraces a concept of family support and the ability to engage families of diverse socio-economic status, race and ethnicity.
- Written documentation skills & data entry abilities necessary.
N.E.W. Curative Rehabilitation (Two Full Time Positions)
Join the Adult Day Programs Team; where you will partner with our clients as we offer an opportunity to engage with others through meaningful activities and provide assistance as necessary. This is a high-energy job that requires a lot of heart and desire to improve the lives of those we serve. Experience with the aging population and/or persons with disabilities are beneficial. Willingness to commit to our mission is a must! Please visit our website for more information, or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The NASW has developed a new email list that members can join upon request. People on this list receive information about social work job
openings at various organizations and agencies as they come in. For more information about NASW or becoming a member, please click