UW-Green Bay MSW Program Application Information
Academic Year 2015-16
The MSW program prepares students for advanced practice social work in a variety of fields of practice. The Program offers an Advanced Generalist concentration with an opportunity to complete an Individualized Area of Emphasis. The program seeks
applicants who have demonstrated academic potential for graduate study, readiness and suitability for advanced level social work, and who are able to articulate a commitment to social work. In addition, the Program seeks applicants with demonstrated
human services experience and sensitivity to multi-cultural practice, social justice, and leadership/advocacy.
Applications must be received by January 12, 2015. Applications received after that date will be considered on a space available basis. Receipt of application materials will be confirmed via the UW-Green Bay Graduate Studies office. The MSW Program Admissions Committee will review complete applications only. For more information regarding admissions criteria, please see: http://www.uwgb.edu/socwork/msw/admissions_criteria.asp
Application Materials and Submission Information
- Complete the online UW System Graduate School application form: https://apply.wisconsin.edu/ and submit admission fee. On the UW System application, students with a qualifying BSW degree should apply for the Summer 2015 semester. Students with an undergraduate degree in a field other than social work should apply for the Fall 2015 semester.
- Complete the Master of Social Work Program Admission Questionnaire: MSW Admission Questionnaire (To save file, right click, then "save link as" or "save target as"). This form requires Adobe Reader which can be downloaded for free at: http://get.adobe.com/reader/. Email your completed Master of Social Work Program Admission Questionnaire to the Graduate Studies Office at UW-Green Bay at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit a personal essay (3-5 pages, double-spaced) prepared using Microsoft Word. Instructions for the personal essay can be found in Section VI of the Master of Social Work Program Admission Questionnaire (see second bullet point). Email your completed personal essay to the Graduate Studies Office at UW-Green Bay at email@example.com.
- Complete the Survey of Employment and Volunteer Experiences in human services-related areas. The link to the survey is found in Section VII of the Master of Social Work Program Admission Questionnaire (see second bullet point).
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts from each previous college or university attended must be sent directly from these institutions to the UW-Green Bay Graduate Studies office:
Cofrin Library 835
UW Green Bay
2420 Nicolet Drive
Green Bay, WI 54311-7001
NOTE: If you attended UW-Green Bay, you do not need to submit a transcript from UW-Green Bay and, if you graduated from UW-Green Bay in the last five years, you do not need to submit transcripts from any other colleges you attended if that coursework was previously transferred to UW-Green Bay.
- Information on references required for the MSW Program can be found in Section V of the Master of Social Work Program Admission Questionnaire (see second bullet point). The individuals you list as your references on the UW System on-line application will be emailed a link by the Graduate Studies Office asking them to complete an on-line Letter of Evaluation. You do NOT need to ask for letters of recommendation from your references.
MSW Program Coordinator
(920) 465-2567 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Status Examiner / Academic Student Advisor
(920) 465-2679 / email@example.com