Stipends and Scholarships
MSW Child Welfare Stipend
History: Since 2005, UW – Green Bay has provided grant-funded educational support to MSW students who are:
- preparing for employment in the field of public and tribal child welfare, or are
- current employees of public / tribal child welfare agencies who are preparing for advanced social work practice roles in their current agencies and communities.
The Title IV-E child welfare stipend program provides funding equivalent to full-time in-state graduate tuition for students who make a commitment to seek and accept (or continue) employment in a NE Wisconsin public or tribal child welfare agency after graduation.
Criteria: Students in the full- or part-time MSW Program who demonstrate a commitment to MSW-level public child welfare practice are eligible to apply.
For 2015-16, the child welfare stipend will be available only to students in the Advanced (2nd) year of the MSW program.
Applicants must meet and/or agree to these general requirements:
- MSW student in good standing
- Completion of the Foundation (1st) year of the MSW program, or admitted with advanced standing
- Completion of child welfare-specific curriculum requirements
- Willingness to complete Advanced field placement in a public / tribal child welfare agency
- Commitment to work full-time for one calendar year in a Wisconsin public or tribal child welfare agency upon graduation.
Deadline: Title IV-E stipend applications are generally due in April. Interested students are invited to contact the Child Welfare Coordinator, Matthew Mattila, ACSW, CISW, at (920) 465-2867 or firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain more information about the stipend program and the field of public child welfare. Program information and application materials are posted below.
Applications for the MSW Title IV-E child welfare stipend should be submitted after students receive notification of their acceptance to the UW – Green Bay MSW Program. To apply, review the program guidelines, select the correct application and complete it electronically. Submit a hard copy to the Child Welfare Coordinator by the dates indicated below (due dates are also identified on the applications). If you are admitted to the MSW program after April 6, 2015, please submit your stipend application within ten (10) days of the date of your acceptance letter.MSW Employee Application
MSW Program Guidelines