Structures & People
Learning Technology Collaborative Committee Charge
The Learning Technology Collaborative Committee serves as an advisory group to the Director of Academic Technology Services and the Director of Adult Degree Programs on matters involving learning and instructional technology. The members will consult the faculty and solicit feedback on issues of instructional technology planning and policy, as well as other items of general interest. The Learning Technology Collaborative Committee is a Joint Governance Committee.
The charge of the Learning Technology Collaborative Committee is to:
- Develop and promote channels of communication between the learning and instructional technology staff and the faculty and students.
- Make suggestions regarding the operational support required for instructional technologies at UW-Green Bay at an institutional level.
- Evaluate learning and instructional services to identify efficiencies and possible areas of improvement.
- Explore and exchange ideas about new, existing, and maturing technologies.
- Advocate for the support of the University's instructional technology budgetary, professional development, and support needs as necessary.
- Act as an advisory group to the Director of Academic Technology Services and the Director of Adult Degree Programs.
- Provide policy recommendations to the Technology Council as needed.
- 4 Faculty members (one from each domain voting district)
- 2 Academic staff (instructional technologists, one from Academic Technology Services)
- 1 Academic Staff member from campus at large
- 3 University Staff
- 1 Student Representative
- Director of Academic Technology Services (Ex officio, non-voting)
- Director of the Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning (Ex officio, non-voting)
- Director of Adult Degree Programs (Ex officio, non-voting)
The Faculty members are elected from a slate prepared by the Committee on Committees and Nominations. Faculty members serve three-years with terms staggered to assure continuity. The Academic Staff members are elected from a slate prepared by the Leadership and Involvement Committee. Academic Staff members serve two years with terms staggered. The University Staff members are elected from a slate prepared by the University Staff Election Committee. University Staff members serve two years with terms staggered. The Student Representative is selected by the Student Government Association and serves a one-year term.