Structures & People
Committee on Disability Issues Charge
- The Committee on Disability Issues shall be composed of eight (8) appointed members. It will include one faculty representative, one academic staff representative, one university staff representative and one student representative. The Coordinator of Disability Services, the Student Coordinator of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Director of Facilities Management (or designee), and the Director of Human Resources and Affirmative Action (or designee) will serve as ex officio members. Faculty, academic staff, and university staff members will serve three-year, staggered terms to assure continuity.
- Nomination of faculty candidates for appointment to the Committee on Disability Issues is the responsibility of the Committee on Committees and Nominations; academic staff candidates are to be nominated by the Academic Staff Committee; university staff candidates are to be nominated by the University Staff Committee; and student candidates are nominated by the Student Government Association. Final appointments are made by the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.
- Committee on Disability Issues activities are managed by the Coordinator of Disability Services and the Student Coordinator of the Americans with Disabilities Act who serve as Committee co-chairpersons.
- The Committee on Disability Issues is advisory to the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs (or designee).
- The Committee on Disability Issues is responsible for providing information and recommendations relating to the needs and concerns of persons with disabilities. As needed, the Committee also examines existing programs and investigates unmet needs of persons with disabilities.
- The chair must submit a report of Committee activities at the end of each academic year to the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and to the Secretary of the Faculty and Academic Staff.
Approved by the Provost, December 17, 2010