Structures & People
Individualized Learning Committee Charge
- The Individualized Learning Committee shall be composed of eight (8) appointed members. It will include five (5) faculty members with no more than two from a domain voting district and the chair of the executive committee of Integrative Leadership Studies. The Personal Major Advisor and Coordinator of Testing Services serve as ex-officio, non-voting members. Each faculty member will serve a three (3) year staggered term to assure continuity.
- Nomination of candidates for appointment to the Individualized Learning Committee is the responsibility of the Committee on Committees and Nominations. Appointments are made annually by the University Committee.
- Individualized Learning Committee activities are coordinated by a chairperson elected by Committee members at the beginning of each academic year. The chair will be responsible for establishing a committee structure and making committee assignments.
- The Individualized Learning Committee serves the following functions:
- Advises the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs or his\her designee on policies and procedures related to Credit for Prior Learning and Credit by Examination.
- Evaluates Personal Major proposals and determine whether to recommend approval .
- The chair must submit a report of Committee activities at the end of each academic year to the Secretary of the Faculty and Academic Staff and the Chair of the University Committee.
Approved by the Prior Learning Evaluation Group, February 4, 1998
Approved by the Provost, December 2, 1998
Revised, October 25, 2004
Revised by Senate action, October 13, 2010