Structures & People
University Accreditation and Assessment Council Charge
- The University Accreditation and Assessment Council shall be composed of the Associate Provost for Academic Affairs (Chair), the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Professional Development and Grants and Director of Graduate Studies, the Director of Student Success and Engagement, and representatives from each of the colleges, Outreach and Adult Access, Student Services, Enrollment Services, the Library, Student Government, the Academic Affairs Council, the Graduate Academic Affairs Council, and the General Education Council, and two faculty members with experience and/or interest in assessment methods. The Coordinator of Assessment and Testing Services and the Director of Institutional Research will serve as ex officio, nonvoting members.
- Appointment of representatives of is the responsibility of the respective division head.
- Nomination of faculty candidates for appointment to the University Accreditation and Assessment Council is the responsibility of the Committee on Committees and Nominations. Appointments are made annually by the Provost. Faculty members serve three-year staggered terms to ensure continuity.
- The University Accreditation and Assessment Council is advisory to the Provost and Vice Chancellor and Associate Provost for Academic Affairs and her/his designee and serves the following functions:
- Guides UW-Green Bay's reaccreditation process including (i) regularly communicating back to the campus community regarding Higher Learning Commission (HLC) related activities; (ii) providing advice related to the University's efforts to document compliance with the HLC Assurance and Quality Improvement components of the new accreditation process; and (iii) preparing and planning for the HLC site visits.
- Develops and monitors the implementation of the University's Assessment Plan.
- Promotes and supports the institution-wide assessment activities related to the assessment of student learning outcomes, particularly in the context of the seven-year academic program review cycle.
- Integrates all assessment activities carried out by academic programs, student affairs and other support areas.
- Provides advice on assessment related issues.
- The University Accreditation and Assessment Council shall appoint an Academic Program Assessment Subcommittee (APAS) for the purpose of reviewing the Annual Assessment Updates submitted by the academic programs. The APAS will meet on a regular basis and provide feedback and recommendations to the chairs of the academic programs. In addition, the APAS will submit an annual report to the UAAC. The APAS will consist of four faculty members (one from each domain) with experience and/or interest in assessment, two graduate faculty members with experience and/or interest in assessment, the Dean or Associate Dean of each college, and the Associate Provost for Academic Affairs (Chair).
- The chair of the Council must submit a report of its activities at the end of each academic year to the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and the Secretary of the Faculty and Academic Staff.
Last revised September 12, 2016