Structures & People
Instructional Development Council Charge
- The Instructional Development Council shall be composed of eleven (11) appointed persons. It will include eight (8) members of the faculty with no more than two from one voting district domain. The Director of the Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning and the UW-Green Bay OPID faculty representative, and one ATS representative will serve as ex officio non-voting members. Voting faculty members will serve three-year staggered terms to ensure continuity.
- Nomination of candidates for appointment to the Instructional Development Council is the responsibility of the Committee on Committees and Nominations. Appointments are made annually by the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs (or designee).
- A chairperson is elected annually by Council members in the spring of the preceding year from among its continuing members.
- The Council is responsible for providing advice on all matters pertaining to the support for and enhancement of teaching and learning. It is advisory to the Provost, Associate Provost for Academic Affairs, and Director of the Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning.
- The Instructional Development Council serves the following functions:
- Provides recommendations for UW-Green Bay and UW-System-funded grant programs to support the efforts of the faculty in the conduct of their teaching responsibilities.
- Advises the Director of the Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning regarding activities related to the enhancement of teaching and the scholarship of teaching and learning.
- Assists the Director of the Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning with the development, promotion, support and implementation of faculty development activities.
- Provides recommendations to the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs through the Associate Provost for Academic Affairs as part of the process of awarding members of the Faculty sabbatical leaves and develops written criteria to be used in providing its advice.
- The chair must submit a report of Council activities at the end of each academic year to the Associate Provost for Academic Affairs and the Secretary of the Faculty and Academic Staff.