Structures & People
University Committee Charge
The University Committee serves as the executive committee of the Faculty Senate, as well as of the Faculty.
The University Committee comprises six tenured members of professorial rank, two elected each year for three-year terms. There shall be one member from each domain voting district and two members at-large, with not more than two from a single domain voting district. A faculty member shall not serve on the UC and the PC, AAC, GEC or CRR at the same time.
The University Committee has the following functions:
- Considers questions concerning the educational interests or policies of the UWGB campus.
- Examines any action taken respecting the UWGB campus by the Board of Regents, by the Board of Visitors, by the various faculties or faculty committees, or by other bodies or individuals related to the UWGB campus.
- Serves as the UWGB Codification Committee, and as such:
- Interprets the rules and regulations where general questions arise;
- Interprets rules and regulations regarding potential faculty grievances, and where appropriate, refers personnel grievances to a personnel grievance committee;
- Proposes for Faculty action, changes in rules and regulations, when appropriate.
- Consults with appropriate administrative officers on budget and legislative matters.
- Participates in the preparation of the agenda for meetings of the Faculty and of the Faculty Senate.
- Initiates studies and makes recommendations to the Faculty or administration concerning educational policy.
- Advises on procedures which involve the Faculty in making nominations for appointments to major administrative positions.
- Advises on procedures which involve the Faculty in making recommendations on the organization or reorganization of major programs of instruction, research, and service, or the creation of new colleges, schools or institutes involving significant educational programs.