Structures & People
Research Council Charge
- The Research Council shall be composed of six (6) appointed persons. It will include five (5) faculty with no more than two from a domain voting district. The Director of Grants and Research serves as an ex officio non-voting member. Faculty members will serve three-year, staggered terms to assure continuity.
- Nomination of faculty candidates for appointment to the Research Council is the responsibility of the Committee on Committees and Nominations. Final appointments are made by the Provost and Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs.
- Research Council activities are coordinated by a chairperson elected by Council members at the beginning of each academic year.
- The Council is responsible for all matters pertaining to the support and enhancement of faculty research and other scholarly activity and is advisory to the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.
- The Research Council serves the following functions:
- Provides recommendations regarding UW-Green Bay and UW System funded grant programs to support the research and other scholarly activities of the faculty.
- Organizes and supports activities related to the dissemination of research results and other scholarly activities conducted by the faculty.
- Advises the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs or his/her designee on issues related to the promotion and support of research and other scholarly activities of the faculty.
- The chair must submit a report of Council activities at the end of each academic year to the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and the Secretary of the Faculty and Academic Staff.
Approved by the Provost, August 31, 2010