Structures & People
Technology Council Charge
- The Technology Council shall be composed of thirteen (13) appointed persons including the Associate Provost for Information Services (Chair), representatives from the areas of Business and Finance, University Advancement, Student Affairs, Athletics; representatives from the Provost Area divisions including Liberal Arts and Sciences, Professional Studies, and Outreach and Adult Access; the Associate Provost for Academic Affairs, a student representative (Chair of Student Needs Assessment Committee), and three faculty members with no more than one from a single domain voting district.
- Representatives from the areas of Business and Finance, University Advancement, Student Affairs, and Athletics are appointed by the area leader. Representatives of the Provost Area divisions are appointed by the Division Head.
- Nomination of faculty candidates for appointment to the Technology Council is the responsibility of the Committee on Committees and Nominations. Appointments are made annually by the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs. Faculty members serve three-year staggered terms to ensure continuity.
- The primary role of the Technology Council is to provide advice and recommend policy on technology-related issues.
- The Technology Council is advisory to the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and her/his designee and serves the following functions:
- Recommends institutional policies related to information technology, including short- and long-term technology planning and the use of information technology in the academic program and support areas, management information systems, telecommunications, media resources, library automation, and distance education.
- Provides advice on major computing, instructional technology, management information systems, telecommunications, media resources, library automation, and distance education acquisitions.
- Conducts periodic assessment of technology resource utilization and needs.
- The chair of the Council must submit a report of its activities at the end of each academic year to the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and the Secretary of the Faculty and Academic Staff.
Approved by the Technology Council and Provost, October,2000
Membership Expanded, July, 2001
Membership Expanded, October, 2003
Membership Expanded, February, 2005
Membership Expanded, November, 2008
Membership Revised, August 2010
Membership and Charge Revised, October 2010