Structures & People
Budget Council Charge
Role and Purpose
The Budget Council is advisory to the Chancellor and provides leadership in the development of long range goals for the University's operating budget, capital budget, and program reserves.
It is the responsibility of the Council to review and advise the Chancellor on the operating and capital budgets.
The Council will carry out advisory responsibilities related to the following planning activities:
- Provide advice to the Chancellor reparding strategies and objectives related to the University's operating budget, capital budget, and program reserves.
- Review the University's annual operating budget.
- Review the University's capital budget.
- Review the University's cash reserves.
- Review requests for capital needs, new programs, program expansions, and other requests requiring the use of central University program reserves and provide recommendations to the Chancellor regarding those requests.
Membership Faculty, Academic Staff and Classified Staff are appointed to two-year staggered terms so that three seats are open each year.