Structures & People
Planning and Budget Council Charge
Role and Purpose
The Planning and Budget Council is advisory to the Chancellor and provides leadership in the development and coordination of internal planning processes, including strategic planning, enrollment planning, operating and capital budget planning.
The fundamental responsibilities of this council are to ensure that planning occurs in a coordinated, integrated, and timely manner, AND that the operating and capital budgets are developed according to the campus strategic plan.
The Council will carry out advisory responsibilities related to the following planning activities:
- Coordination and integration of institutional planning
- Strategic planning
- Enrollment planning
- Operating budget planning
- Campus master planning
- Facilities planning (including capital outlay, major and minor improvements and repairs)
- Information resources planning
- Preparation of the annual budget allocation objectives and strategies
- Preparation of the biennial budget and capital improvements request
- Dissemination of planning, budget allocation, and management information reports
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of institutional planning and budget allocation.