Structures & People
Academic Actions Charge
UWGB Faculty Senate Revised 16 March 1988
UWGB Faculty Senate Revised 16 September 1998
UWGB Faculty Senate Revised 11 December 2002 
UWGB Faculty Senate Revised 12 March 2014
- The Committee on Academic Actions is composed of four appointed faculty members, with no more than two from a domain voting district, one student, and two staff members from student services. The Registrar and Director of Advising are ex officio non-voting members. The student sits with faculty on the committee except where a student involved requests exclusion of student membership.
- Faculty appointment to the committee shall be for a term of three years to ensure continuity of membership. The staff members are appointed by the unanimous agreement of both ex officio committee members for a term of one year. Student representatives are appointed per meeting by the Student Government Association President, and when possible, continuity is encouraged. The chair of the committee shall be elected by majority-rule voting of all eligible committee members and shall be appointed for a term of two years.
- The Committee advises the Provost/Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and coordinates with the Registrar on registration policies, on drop-add policies, on the grading system, and on the academic standing of students including the identification, review, and resolution of transfer issues and problems.
- The Committee represents the Faculty in initiating recommendations or taking action on recommendations from outside of the committee concerning policy changes for matters listed in item 3 above. Such recommendations are submitted to the Faculty Senate via the University Committee Chairperson.
- The Committee is responsible for preparing the academic calendar and represents the Faculty in the scheduling of academic events and activities, such as commencement and convocation.