skip to content
Ideas for Supervisors & Departments
Fun, easy, and inexpensive ideas to celebrate your student employees
- Treat Week – each day bring something different – cookies, popcorn, candy, etc.
- Buy low cost, blank certificates and make up silly awards for students: best telephone voice, best web-surfer, etc.
- Notes Home - send a note to the families of your student workers. Let them know what the student does, how their work impacts your department, and how terrific the student is for your department
- Friendship Plants - take cuttings from a plant in the office and give to each student as a live "connection" to the office
- Good Egg Award - buy plastic Easter Eggs, fill with goodies and give out with "Good Egg" certificates. List what the student did to deserve this award.
- Bright Ideas - spray paint a light bulb gold, screw into a jar of play-dough and make a label around the jar naming who is receiving the “Bright Idea” award
- Make a banner to hang in your office, or decorate an office bulletin board or door in recognition of your student employees
- "You Rock" award - print "You Rock" on a rock and present it to someone when they go a good job. Encourage the student to present it to another member of the staff when they observe someone doing a good job.
- Take pictures - post student pictures and list what wonderful things they do
- Change the department phone message to recognize student employees
- Use this week as an opportunity to start an award recognition program. Look around the office or at home for a white elephant item. Name the item for the award (Employee of the Month/Week, Great Idea Award, Gotcha Award - catch someone in the act of doing something good) and then make the first presentation of it during Student Employment Week