Student Employee of the Year (SEOTY)
SEOTY is a national competition, sponsored by the National Student Employment Association, which begins at the campus level. Supervisors are invited to nominate outstanding student employees. A student is selected from the pool of nominees to receive the honor of being UW-Green Bay's Student Employee of the Year!
All UW-Green Bay undergraduate and graduate student employees are eligible for consideration, Work Study and regular. To be considered an eligible employee, students must be paid via the UW payroll system for work completed at UW-Green Bay. Graduate students must be performing student employee jobs to be eligible. (The following positions cannot be considered: Resident Advisors, Graduate Assistants or Teaching Assistants.)
Students must have worked or be anticipated to work a minimum of six months part-time (or three months full-time), during the selection period which is from June 2012 through May 2013.
Students will be evaluated by a campus team of judges on the following qualities:
- Quality of Work
- Uniqueness of Contribution
Each institution may submit ONE name for competition at the state level.
Please note: only one nomination letter will be considered for each nominee. If more than one supervisor would like to write a letter, please submit a separate nomination form for each letter OR supervisors can collaborate to create one strong nomination letter.
- Each UW-Green Bay nominee is presented with a gift bag and certificate of congratulations from UW-Green Bay.
- Two UW-Green Bay runner-ups are presented with a gift bag, certificate of congratulations and small gift certificate from UW-Green Bay.
- The UW-Green Bay winner is presented with a gift bag, an increased gift certificate and plaque from UW-Green Bay, in addition to a certificate and congratulatory letter from the Midwest Association.
- State winners will receive a certificate and check for $75.00
- The Midwest Association regional winner will receive a plaque and a check for $150.00
- The Midwest Association winner will then be submitted for the National Student Employee of the Year Program.
- National winner of the Student Employee of the Year competition is presented with an undisclosed scholarship.