The University Governance Committee shall have primary legislative responsibility for tracking campus, local, state, and federal decisions and legislation that affect higher education and taking any action deemed necessary on these decisions, as stated in the UWGB SGA Constitution.
The University Governance Committee looks at itself as the chief information source and link between students and the legislation that affects them.
In addition, this committee holds itself responsible to inform the students and also give them an opportunity to be heard by legislators on campus, locally, and state-wide.
It is the University Governance Committee's goal to maintain a strict connection with legislators that makes them feel accountable to this specific University and to have UWGB in mind when making decisions that may affect, not only this campus, but the entire UW system.
Contact UsUniversity Governance Committee
Chair of University Governance: Nate Fiene
Room: UU 112H
Mondays 1 to 3 PM
Tuesdays 2:30 to 5:30 PM
- January 31, 2013 - Minutes (PDF)
- February 25, 2009 - Minutes (PDF)
- April 2, 2007 - Minutes (PDF)
- March 5, 2007 - Minutes (PDF)
- February 26, 2007 - Minutes (PDF)
- February 12, 2007 - Minutes (PDF)
Get Out and Vote!
- Have questions on how to to vote? Candidate information? Issue positions? Recent polls? Check out the Election Guide!
- More information from the UW System on how to vote.
- Need to check if and where you are registered?
- Fun website to connect you with the candidate you may identify most with.
- Here's a site that keeps an eye on all legislation that affects higher education.
- A link to legislation watch.
- Want to check out if something you saw/heard was the truth?