Technology Council 2009/10 Annual Report
Kathy Pletcher, Chair, Technology Council
The Technology Council is advisory to the Provost and responsible for developing and monitoring the campus technology plan and recommending technology policies. The Council is chaired by the Associate Provost of Information Services. Membership consists of representatives from each of the divisions, three faculty members, and one student.
Members for 2009/10 were:
- Academic Affairs – Tim Sewall
- Advancement – Lisa DeLeeuw
- Athletics – Dan McIver
- Business & Finance – Sharon Dimmer
- Faculty Representatives - Kate Burns, Christine Vandenhouten, Daniel Meinhardt
- Information Services – David Kieper, Paula Ganyard
- Liberal Arts & Sciences – Scott Furlong
- Outreach & Extension - Zach Voelz
- Professional & Graduate Studies - Derryl Block
- Student Affairs – Mike Stearney
- Student Representative - Jake Lopez
- Chair – Kathy Pletcher
- Developed the next 5 year technology plan.
- Reviewed utilization data for all computer labs and in December approved Academic Computer Lab Plan for 2010/11.
- Reviewed and approved a new acceptable use policy for campus guests.
- Supported CIT recommendation to change the default font on email to Century Gothic to save on toner, which resulted in positive press coverage for several months. (note: this report uses Century Gothic 11 point)
- Supported importation of student ID photos into class rosters in SIS
- Conducted a pilot test of Green Print software as part of our green IT initiative to reduce printing on campus.
- Supported implementation of CommonSpot Web content management system
The Technology Council members feel that the work of the Council is very important to the campus. The Council meets monthly during the fall and spring semesters and is very productive.