Monday, February 25, 2013
Present: Rajeev Bukralia (chair), Scott Furlong, Craig Hanke, Andy Kersten, David Kieper, Dan McIver, Eric Morgan, Chuck Rybak, Mike Stearney, Paul Wikgren, Kimberly Vlies; ex-officio: Paula Ganyard
Excused: Brenda Amenson-Hill, Jacob Fabel, Sue Mattison, Steve Vandenavond
- Called to Order at 11:00 am by the chair.
- Minutes from the December 2012 approved as written.
- Tech Plan Revision – Bukralia provided a few documents regarding the revision of the 2015 Tech Plan. He shared with the Council the need and reasoning for revising the plan at this time. Bukralia stated that there is a need for a strategic plan and a separate operational plan. He reviewed with the Council the guiding principles and the process he will be using for revising the plan. The Council discussed this idea. Rybak suggested adding faculty and staff into the stakeholder list. Stearney suggested using the headings from the Core Data Survey as a way to organize the plan. Rybak expressed concern over the “asking permission” for technology rather than allowing the faculty to have more control over what they want to accomplish. Kersten asked if the timeline is allowing for enough time for the process. It was suggested that a communication plan be developed which will help people have more directed comments. Kersten suggested maybe discussing it with the University Committee. Vlies asked about how the plan would be measureable. Hanke suggested asking unit chairs to put this on their meetings for discussion.
- Innovation Lab update – Bukralia has been talking with some faculty about this concept. Next step is that he will provide the Council with a draft on the plan for the innovation lab. He has requested funding for the lab. First phase would be implemented with only a few projects.
- Next scheduled meeting, March 22, will need to be rescheduled due to Spring Break.
- Adjourned 12:00 noon.