Minutes of the meeting held 8:00 am - 9:00 am
May 6, 2010
Present: Derryl Block, Kate Burns, Sharon Dimmer, Scott Furlong, David Kieper, Jacob Lopez, Kathy Pletcher (chair), Tim Sewall, Mike Stearney, Zach Voelz
Not present: Lisa DeLeeuw, Dan McIver, Daniel Meinhardt, Christine Vandenhouten
Guests: Helen Alexander, Diane Blohowiak, Paula Ganyard
- Called to order by Kathy Pletcher 8:00 am
- Minutes: Minutes of March 22, 2010 meeting were approved as written.
- Tech Plan 2015: final review by Council. Council discussed the top tissues facing the campus over the next five years: online learning and CRM system. Suggestion was made by Derryl Block that some of the objectives should be written a little stronger. For example 1.12, we should drop the word explore because it is something that needs to be done within the 5 year period. It was also suggested that 4.8 be moved under item 1, enhancing student learning. The Tech Plan will now be moved on to the Provost and then to the Chancellorâ€™s Cabinet for approval.
- Green Print: Diane Blohowiak reported on the results of the pilot of Green Print. She shared a report on the return on investment. Cost savings would be about $0.03 per page for us and would realize cost recovery in 11.7 months. Council discussed the pros and cons of this software. Concerns were expressed over whether the cost savings would be achieved and would people use it. While there were a few that thought this would be a great product, there was not enough support to make a positive recommendation for purchase at this time.
- Review of 2009/10 activities:
- i. Develop the next 5 year Technology Plan - DONE
- ii. Review (Nov.) and Approval (Dec.) of Computer Lab Plans for 2008/09 - DONE
- iii. Student photos in SIS - class rosters and other uses - approved by Chancellor, will be implemented for fall 2010
- iv.Policy for guest users of the UWGB network - DONE
- v. Digital asset management - storage of images, video and audio files - rolled into Tech Plan 2015
- vi. Electronic records management - rolled into Tech Plan 2015
- Possible goals for 2010/11 - Council was asked to email Kathy if there are any issues they feel the Council should address for 2010/11. One suggestion was that the Council could sponsor a forum on ways to save on printing costs.
- Adjourned: 9:00 am