Minutes of the meeting held 10:00 am - 11:00 am
November 21, 2011
Present: Brenda Amenson-Hill, Sharon Dimmer, Scott Furlong, Craig Hanke, Michael Hengels, David Kieper, Liz Leist, Sue Mattison, Dan McIver, Kathy Pletcher, Chuck Rybak, Mike Stearney, Christine Vandenhouten, Zach Voelz; ex-officio: Paula Ganyard
Not Present: Mike Marinetti
Guest: Marlys Brunsting
- Called to order by chair at 3:30 pm.
- Minutes: Minutes of the October meeting were approved as written.
- Mobile strategy - Marlys Brunsting, Co-chair of the Mobil Strategy Working Group, presented a progress report to the Council. The working group is comprised of 14 members representing Student Life, Information Services, Athletics, Outreach and Adult Degree, Communications. The working group has met once so far and discussed what they are each working on or interested in with respect to mobile technology. There are a lot of things already happening and many great ideas. The group also attended the EDUCAUSE virtual conference, which had a number of sessions on mobile technology. Several people from our group also attended the ITMC meeting 2 weeks ago and saw a presentation done by staff at Milwaukee, Oshkosh and Madison on their implementations. We also had some input on the questions for the Tech Survey. Some of the preliminary results of the survey. Students ranking of importance of services accessible on mobile devices: campus email, D2L, access to personal course schedule, access to grades, course registration, student financial account data, personal campus calendar, news, use as a clicker, student/staff directory, campus events, campus map, eTextbooks, course lectures, library databases, M: drive, remote labs, GBShare.
- Lab Plans for 2012/13 - Since there were no recommended changes for the computer lab plans for 2012/13, the lab plan was accepted as is by the Council.
- Technology Survey of Faculty/Staff and Students - the results of the technology surveys were shared with the Council. There are a few areas that need some attention, but overall the faculty, staff and students are satisfied with the technology offerings at UW-Green Bay.
- The Council will meet next on Monday, December 12, at 3:30-4:30 pm.
- Meeting was adjourned at 4:30 pm