Monday, October 22, 2012
Present: Brenda Amenson-Hill, Rajeev Bukralia (chair), Scott Furlong, Craig Hanke, Andy Kersten, David Kieper, Sue Mattison, Dan McIver, Eric Morgan, Chuck Rybak, Mike Stearney, Steve Vandenavond, Paul Wikgren; ex-officio: Paula Ganyard;
Excused: Jacob Fabel, Kimberly Vlies.
- Called to order at 10:00 am by the chair.
- Minutes from the September 2012 meeting were approved as written.
- Role of Technology Council
Paula provided a brief background/history of the Technology Council. The Council discussed what their role should be moving forward.
- Currently the Council is more information rather than strategic. Informational items could be done in other ways.
- Predict possible trends. What does campus technology look like 5 years from now?
- The Council could pilot some of the new ideas.
- Have "innovators" discuss ideas with the Council. Have sessions to learn and then meetings to make decisions.
- Consider having the CATL director on the committee
- Do research on issues and present information on the idea to Council. Use expertise to help create the larger vision.
- Need to address how we refine the Tech Plan.
- Part of our strategy should also link up to our students and curriculum.
- Digital Humanities might also be a topic for the Council to look into.
- Enterprise-wide issues should be focused on.
- Adjourned: 11:55 am