Public Relations Internship
The Office of Marketing and University Communication hosts a public relations intern. Preference will be given to candidates who agree to hands-on training in fall but would consider additional responsibilities and portfolio-building experiences in a second possibly (determined by state budget) paid internship.
The Office of Marketing and University Communication is responsible for providing news and information about the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay to audiences on and off campus. The office communicates a positive, up-to-date image of the University through a wide range of sources. The M/UC staff prepares and distributes news releases, produces University publications and video content, social networking content, and serves the campus community by providing advice on media relations, marketing, special events and other areas of communication. In addition, the office is a resource for news media seeking campus sources who can provide expert commentary on newsworthy topics.
- An interest in professional experience involving communication, public relations, journalism and marketing
- Upper-level distinction in related major
- Demonstrated writing skills and appropriate coursework (English or journalism), experience writing with the Fourth Estate preferred
- Expected dependability and professionalism and ability to work independently
E-mail the following to Sue Bodilly – firstname.lastname@example.org - by April 15:
- A letter of interest stating desire and qualifications
- The name of one UW-Green Bay faculty member who can serve as a reference
- Additional writing samples, if available (or links to writing posted on web)