UW-Green Bay Social Media Assistant
UW-Green Bay’s Social Media Specialist is seeking a Social Media intern for Fall Semester to support the University’s social media presence and marketing initiatives by work alongside the Social Media Specialist, assisting in brainstorming, production, management, and analysis of UWGB’s social web content.
The Social Media Specialist maintains the flagship social media accounts for UWGB, serves as a social media advisor to campus departments, and assist in University marketing and communication initiatives.
The social media assistant will create content for large audiences and will learn about social media best practices in higher education and how social media fits into a higher education institution’s communication plan.
Apply by: April 28, 2016
Hours per week: 5-10 hr./week
Hourly Wage: Fall Semester for credit and no pay. Potential for pay Spring Semester ($8.00+/hr.)
Assistant will perform the following tasks:
- Maintaining UW-Green Bay Social Media Directory and Twitter Lists
- Researching best practices of social media in higher education
- Creating multimedia content such as: blogs, “listicles”, photos, graphics, videos, etc.
- Following and liking users as University on various platforms
- Assisting in monitoring various social media platforms
- Planning and posting social media posts and content
- Attending meetings with Social Media Specialist
- Analyzing social media analytics and creating analytics reports
- Participating in brainstorm sessions
- Supporting the needs of Marketing & University Communication
- Sophmore-Senior status
- Experience with many social media platforms from personal use (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Pinterest, Flickr, Youtube, Google+, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Snapchat, Periscope, Medium, etc.)
- Knowledge of social media trends and strategy
- Ability to complete work by scheduled deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong editing skills
- Flexibility, open-mindedness and the ability to deal with uncertainty
- Ability to consistently learn and grow and ask pertinent questions
- Ability to work individually and collaboratively
- Energetic with a desire to contribute creative, fresh ideas to grow UW-Green Bay’s online presence
- Knowledge of UW-Green Bay and its current social media presence
- Passionate about UW-Green Bay
- Experience with running social media for an organization or business
- Major or minor in Communication, Art, Design, Arts Management and/or Business
- Prior experience in Marketing, Communication, PR etc.
- Knowledge of MAC OS
- Photography/Videography Skills
- Knowledge of photo editing/video editing software (i.e. Lightroom, iMovie, etc.)
- Willingness to dress as Phlash the Phoenix
Bonus points for:
- Basic knowledge of HTML coding
- Graphic Design skills
Submit a cover letter, resume, and links to or samples of work (optional) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line, “Social Media Assistant – [Your name]”
Direct questions to the contact information below.
Social Media Specialist
2420 Nicolet Dr.
Green Bay, WI 54311