UW-Green Bay, CL 815
2420 Nicolet Drive
Green Bay, WI 54311-7001
Last update: 5/19/08
For Immediate Release:
UW-Green Bay announces Modern Languages scholarship and award winnersGREEN BAY - The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay Modern Languages program has announced its 2008 awards for academic excellence, applied language, and excellence and community service.
Ellen Cook, a Spanish major from Sheboygan, received the Ken Fleurant Modern Languages Scholarship Award. The $1,000 scholarship, named for UW-Green Bay Prof. Emeritus Ken Fleurant, is awarded to a student majoring in French, German or Spanish who intends to pursue a career as a language teacher at the high school or college level.
Modern Languages also presented awards for academic excellence, which recognize outstanding performance and academic achievement; and applied language and community service awards, which reward practical and creative applications of language on campus and in the community.
The following are the award categories and award recipients:
• Arabic — Anthony Hillier, Pulaski, and Nichole Sotiropoulos, Clintonville, academic excellence awards.
• French — Mary Thao, Manitowoc, academic excellence; and Crystal Salas, Green Bay, excellence and community service award.
• German — Mollie Sellen, Sun Prairie, academic excellence; and Benjamin Endres, Menasha, applied language award.
• Italian — Rachael Holford, Green Bay, academic excellence.
• Spanish — Tammy Angela Allen, De Pere, academic excellence; and Lyndsay Genevieve Sather, Sheboygan, applied language.
08-140 | Contact: Mike Heine firstname.lastname@example.org, (920) 465-2526