UW-Green Bay, CL 815
2420 Nicolet Drive
Green Bay, WI 54311-7001
Last update: 3/3/08
For Immediate Release:
UW-Green Bay student researchers in spotlight at Capitol
• Yuri Burrows, Green Bay, "E-Commerce Web Application for Automotive Sales and Inventory Management," creating a site with photographs, pricing and all technical data for various vehicles, with on-line order processing, payment and inventory management, advised by Prof. Peter Breznay, Information and Computer Science;
• Megan Harvey of Amherst and Crystal Osman of Luck, "Echolocation signatures of bats at Bocos del Toro, Panama," using Anabat SD1 ultrasound detectors to record and analyze bat populations in the Bocas archipelago, advised by Prof. Amy Wolf, Natural and Applied Sciences;
• Bryan Hulbert of Appleton, William Johnson of De Pere and Trista Seubert of Green Bay, "Wisconsin Emergency Management Survey: NOAA Weather Alert Radio," examining how governments, hospitals, schools and other facilities use NOAA Weather Alert Radios and how they respond to emergencies, advised by Prof. Terri Johnson, Public and Environmental Affairs;
• Ryan F. Mach, Green Bay, "Religious Tolerance Among College Students," a survey controlling for religiosity, academic standing, and other important demographic characteristics, advised by Prof. Terri Johnson;
• Jenna Neumann, Merrill, "100 People of Green Bay," a photographic study of the community's diverse demographics, advised by Prof. Sarah Detweiler, Arts and Visual Design.
UW-Green Bay officials say the campus commitment to "Connecting learning to life" is well demonstrated by the advanced research being pursued by undergraduate students. For more information on Wednesday's UW System event, see http://www.wisconsin.edu/posters.
08-53 | Contact: Christopher Sampson email@example.com, (920) 465-2527