Industry Internship Program
Program #10 A For CY-2013
A. Industrial Internship Program Announcement of Opportunity (AO)
Industrial Internship Program for students from member schools; a minimum 1:1
(1 out of 2) match is required (i.e. 50% of the total student direct salary or
wages). Industry is encouraged to place intern job postings, if available,
into WSGC industrial website by the first of each year (50-word max job
announcement text). This program could provide up to $2,500 per calendar
year per student based upon a 1 to 1 match of student direct salary or wages.
Students considered must be attending a WSGC member academic institution and working toward a degree. The company must be an industry member of the WSGC. Students should contact the companies directly for consideration. Students may post their biosketch on the WSGC website if they choose. A maximum of two students per company per calendar year are allowed. If a specific student is not proposed at the time of the proposal submittal, a detailed job description must be submitted and benefits to the hired student must be discussed. Exceptions can be made if applications are limited. A WSGC Industry Program Committee (IPC) will make award recommendations to the WSGC Director. Specific instructions for "A" applications are:
Click Here To Close This Window
- Complete your proposal in a separate file:
- Should be no more than 4 pages.
- Describe the company scope and
- Describe the work of the intern for the period.
- Provide a brief biosketch of the company intern and his or her career goals, if
available. Though this information is not part of the proposal evaluation, it
is important to assure that all internships are filled with students qualified
to be funded through the WSGC.
- Describe what is expected and how it will benefit the student intern, the
company, and the state and national space activities.
- Provide a detailed budget summary of how all related funds would be spent and
who would pay for what (be sure to include and define matching funds).
- Fill out the online
Industry Internship Application
Upload the proposal.
- Upload the Certifications Page
- Upon award and completion, industry member is to provide a brief statement to
IPC that the internship was completed and the industry member shall provide a
summary of final cost and match data. Required information shall be emailed to
- If a student intern is not named at the time of the proposal submittal, before
an award is made, the student's biosketch and career goals shall be provided
electronically to Susan Knauf for review.