Aerospace Outreach Program
Request for Proposals 2013-2014
Application Deadline: February
Award Announcements: April 12, 2013
To provide planning grants and supplemental grants for new or ongoing projects which have space-related content. Projects should:
- Raise the level of exposure and interest of K-12 teachers, students, and the general public in space, aerospace, and space-related science, design, or technology and its potential benefits; and/or increase interest, recruitment, experience and training of pre-college students in the pursuit of space- or aerospace-related science, design, or technology
- Demonstrate self-sustaining and/or replicable capabilities.
- Demonstrate how the project meets this year’s specific goal: 2013 – Implementing the next Generation Science Standards and/or the Common Core Mathematics Standards. NASA is particularly interested in funding projects directed towards pre-service and in-service teachers.
Current & Past Award Recipients
Most awards ~$3,000* per year, with up to $5,000* awards for exemplary, innovative new projects. WSGC will not fund overhead, however, it may be counted as institutional match. Proposals for two-year projects will be considered. Proposals for two-year projects should include budgets and objectives for each year.
*Based on availability of funds.
- U.S. Citizen
- Any established organization including, but not limited to: schools (K-12 and higher education), aerospace industries, government agencies and non-profit aerospace associations.
- A 1:1 match is required for funding.
Before applying, please read the Additional Requirements.
For instructions on applying, please read the Aerospace Outreach Application Instructions
Questions about Aerospace Outreach, contact:
WSGC Associate Director for Aerospace Outreach
Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
125 S. Webster Street
P.O. Box 7841
Madison, WI 53707-7841