Promoting STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) fields
by recruiting and training the next generation of aerospace stakeholders.
Dr. Laurel Salton Clark Memorial Graduate Fellowship
Additional Material Requirements
Additional Requirements to Application (uploaded during submittal):
- Include a two to four-page proposal containing the following: (a) a clear,
concise statement of the environmental or life sciences research, in which you
will be engaged or you propose to conduct during the period of this award
(indicate how this research is directly involved with the degree you are
pursuing). Include how your research, at least in a broad sense, aligns with
or Center goals. (b) Tasks, Schedules and clearly stated Expected Results, (c)
evidence of previous interest and experience in space-related studies, and (d)
the significance/value of your work for the space/aerospace field
- Complete academic resume containing previous degrees, majors or areas of
concentration, name and address of institutions, publications if any, etc., as
well as relevant work experiences and accomplishments.
- Provide a one-page Budget Summary for your independent research that should be
for your sole benefit. This should include a brief explanation of any major
expenditure items. Any travel or other expenses should be related to your
research. We are unable to fund international travel. NASA training grants such as WSGC cannot provide funding to buy computers. Salary is not an allowable expense, however you may request living stipends, tuition offsets, supplies and expenses, and similar sorts of funding.
- Copies (unofficial are acceptable) of your undergraduate transcript(s)
- Copies (unofficial are acceptable) of your
graduate transcript(s), including most recent.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation: one from your academic advisor or mentor stating his or her willingness to supervise your space, aerospace or space-related project and a description of his or her advisory role, and one from another faculty member, employer, or aerospace professional familiar with your proposed area of work.
Download, Sign, and Scan this page for upload.
Click Here To Close This Window