COVID-19: See our Phoenix Forward page

Getting Started - First Semester

Login Information

All students are given a campus network account which is used to access campus technology resources. Username and password information is provided in the acceptance letter. The same username and password is used to access SIS, D2L, Outlook (email) and other technology.

What is my username?

Usernames consist of the first four characters of your last name, your first name initial, middle name initial, and the two-digit day of your birth date. For example, Mary Kay Jones’s birthday is May 4th. Her username would be jonemk04. (There are occasional exceptions to this syntax. Contact the Help Desk for assistance at 920-465-2309).

What is my password?

When you are admitted the University generates a random password to help you get logged in for the first couple of times. This information comes on your official acceptance letter. Once you have had a chance to log in, we recommend setting up the self-service password tool.

For more information and to reset your password, click here. You will want to reset it from the randomly generated one, as well as at least every 180 days, as passwords will expire.

Still having problems?

If you tried resetting your password and still cannot get logged into your campus network accounts please contact the help desk at 920-465-2309.


Students rely HEAVILY on the Student Information System (SIS) to register for and add or drop classes, view class schedules, grades and degree progress reports, print transcripts, and access other academic and financial information including making payments and checking on financial aid status.


The Digital Learning Environment (or DLE) is made up of a Learning Management System (LMS) (which is your online classroom) as well as additional tools used for instruction. UW-Green Bay's LMS is Canvas. Additional tools include hosted video (Kaltura), web conferencing for synchronous instruction (Blackboard Ultra), and others.

CIT Help Desk

Phone: 920-465-2309
Fall and Spring Semester Hours: Monday - Thursday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM, Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, closed on Saturday and Sunday.
Interim and Summer Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, closed on campus holidays.

Outlook (Email)

Students can access their campus email through Outlook Web Access (OWA).

Student ID

The University Identification Card (commonly called the student ID or campus ID) serves as a meal card, library card, and has many other uses. You can also get discounts outside of the University with your Student ID. Students are advised to have their ID card on them at all times.

Where and how do I get my ID card?

Newly admitted students obtain their Student ID card at the University Ticketing & Information Center, located on the 2nd floor of the University Union (next to the bookstore). The fee is $7.50.

How can I get a replacement ID card?

The University Ticketing & Information Center can issue a replacement ID card for a $15 fee during normal business hours.

Parking Permit

If you register for a class on campus, you will be assessed a virtual parking permit fee. Students who do not use the parking services can easily “opt out” through an option on their SIS account which removes the permit fee. Students who register for all online classes are not assessed the virtual parking permit fee, but will need a permit if they visit the campus more than five times during the term.

How do I opt out?

In SIS>Student Center>Under Student Links>Click Opt Out/in under Parking Permits.

How much does it cost to park on campus?

Parking permit rates are listed here.

Where can I park on campus?

There are several parking lots close to academic buildings and housing.Click here for campus maps.

Do guests need parking permits?

Visitor parking is free. More information on Visitor parking can be seen here.

What about parking fines and appeals?

All parking regulation information can be viewed here.

Do I need a parking permit for summer classes?

Summer parking permits are required for students who did not have a permit in fall or spring and are purchased at the Bursar’s office (SS 1300).