Current Research Projects
- Lindsey Bender: Effects of understory herbaceous community composition on soil microbial respiration, soil nutrient cycling, and microbial community composition
- Ashley Fehrenbach: Diversity of the herbaceous layer with respect to light availability and topography at Wabikon Lake Forest Dynamics Plot in northern Wisconsin
- Kari L. Hagenow: Proposal Title: Examining the Potential for Density-dependent Seedling Mortality within a Temperate Forest Plot in Northern Wisconsin
- Jesse Weinzinger: Mammal Survey of the Wabikon Forest Dynamics Plot
- Howe, Robert and Amy Wolf: Spatio-temporal analysis of local bird distributions and activity using a grid of digital audio recorders.
- Wolf, Amy, Robert Howe, and Gary Fewless. Analysis of seed dispersal and masting patterns of temperate forest tree species.
- Wolf, Amy, Robert W. Howe, G. Parker, and S. McMahon. Forest structure and bird distributions in upland northern hardwood forests of northern Wisconsin.
- Callis, Kristine and Douglas Levey (University of Florida). Silica accumulation as a response to herbivory in tropical and temperate forest plants.
- Johnson, Daniel and Keith Clay (University of Indiana). Assessing geographic patterns of negative density dependence in temperate tree species.