- Sign up for Electronic Refunds NOW!
A refund occurs when your financial aid exceeds the charges on your account or you have dropped classes within the refund period. Financial aid refunds are generally available on or after the first day of classes unless your aid is late or incomplete.
- Financial Aid will be applied to student accounts electronically the day or two prior to the start of the semester. Any excess aid can be Direct Deposited, or received in the form of a refund check which will be available for pick-up beginning on the first day of classes.
- If you do not set-up Electronic Refunding, refund checks must be picked up in person at the Cashier Window in room 1300 of the Student Services Building. YOU MUST PRESENT A PICTURE ID TO RECEIVE YOUR REFUND CHECK.
- ALL loans, scholarships, grants, or awards, whether public or private, for educational expenses must be disbursed by the Bursar’s Office. If these checks are sent directly to you, please bring them to the Cashier’s Window SS1300.
To have all refunds sent directly to your checking or savings account, select:
"ELECTRONIC REFUNDS" from the drop-down menu in the FINANCES section of your SIS. See the illustration below.
When signing up for Electronic Refunds, you may want to check if your POP-UP BLOCKER is on. You may need to temporarily disable POP-UP BLOCKER for the electronic deposit sign-up page to appear.
Once you have signed up for Electronic Refunds, you will receive an email notification to your UWGB email account every time a refund is sent to your bank account.
Once you have enrolled in Electronic Refunds this will be in effect the entire time you are a student at UWGB. However, if your banking information changes you will need to update your account information on the Electronic Refund page. If we are notified by our bank that your account information is incorrect, this could result in a two week delay of receiving your refund.
No reason to stand in line waiting to pick-up your refund check, but if you do not wish to set-up electronic deposit, paper checks will still be cut and available on or after the first day of classes in the Bursar's office. Paper checks not picked up within 21 days of the check date will be mailed to the home address on file in SIS.
General Refund Information:
- If your credit load is below or over the full-time plateau (12-18 credits) and you are on the waitlist for any class(s), your refund check will not be available until after the add/drop period.
- Refunds resulting from personal check payments will be held for 14 business days from the date of the payment. A ten (10) day hold, from the date of the payment, will be put on any refund from e-check payments. The Student Billing Office can answer questions about Electronic Refunding. Please email Bursar@uwgb.edu or call 920-465-2224.
Be aware of our Refund Policies.
Check the REFUND SCHEDULE before you drop classes.
How do I know if I have a Refund?
Your SIS account is a valuable tool. Your personal account not only shows your academic and personal information, but also your financial information. Knowing whether or not you have a refund check is another feature that your SIS account will tell you.
Account Activity page: If you've signed up for Electronic Refunding, these funds will be in your account 2 days after the posted date, otherwise your refund check is available for pick-up in the Bursar's office two days after this date.
To set up Electronic Refunds:
*You may need to turn your Pop-Up Blocker OFF*
1. SIS Home Page: Under the Finances section, select the drop-down arrow.
Click on Electronic Refunds.
2. Then Select Manage Electronic Refunds.
3. Select Direct Deposit
5. Enter your bank account information and click Continue.
6. Verify your account number and click Continue
7. You have the opportunity to verify that all of your information is correct. Then check the box “I agree to the terms and conditions.” And click Continue.
8. You will then see a Direct Deposit Enrollment receipt that you may wish to print for your records.
You will receive an email to your UWGB email account when an Electronic Refund has been processed. The funds should be in your bank account two business days from receiving that email.
Your Electronic Refunding will be in place until you cancel it. Be sure to change your banking information if you change banks or switch accounts.