Cartooning and Comic Book Illustration - FULL
*To be added to the waiting list e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 920-465-2775.
Instructor Tom Wallestad has a passion for cartooning. If you do too, this class is for you! You will learn basic cartooning drawing skills, the foundations of penciling, inking, coloring, and transferring techniques. Explore the unique story-telling language of comics and graphic novels and apply what you learn to your development as a cartoonist. This class fills early! Register now!
June 14-19, 2015
For campers entering grades 6-9
Already Registered? - Pay Camp Balance
Instructor: Tom Wallestad
Professor Tom Wallestad earned his BA from UW-Green Bay and his MFA in Computer Graphics from Syracuse University. He has taught and created cartoon illustrations and animations in multiple media for many years. His artwork explores interactive interpretations of the visual traits and narrative structures particular to the comic book medium. He investigates perceptions of suggested space and reality forming his own unique narratives.
Daily Class Hours:
- 8:30 am - 4:00 pm Monday - Thursday
- 8:30 am - 3:00 pm on Friday (The Final Exhibition Show will be from 3:00-4:00pm. Campers will be dismissed when the show has concluded).
- Commuter Fee: $295 (includes instruction, lunch, and camp t-shirt)
- Resident Fee: $579 (includes instruction, room, meals, counselor supervision, evening activity transportation, and camp t-shirt). The cost of evening activities will vary depending on the camper's choice. It is recommended that campers bring $25-$30 with them to camp for activities and snacks.
- Class Lab Fee: $10
A NOTE ABOUT SUPPLY LISTS: The supply list linked to each class are suggestions. You are not required to purchase everything on the list. These supplies can be purchased at an art supply store OR at craft stores, e.g. Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Ben Franklin, Walmart. Tradewinds, of Green Bay, will pre-package your supply orders and will deliver them the first morning of camp. More information about this service will be described in your supply list letter. Minimal supplies are actually needed for most classes and others are suggested to enhance the 'experimental' aspect of the class. Please call or e-mail us if you have questions.
Campers must select TWO classes -
Other Classes Available Include:
Hey Cartoonists, wondering what else to take? In Beyond the Cover: The Fine Art of Bookmaking you could make amazing custom books for your cartoon creations!
- Abstract Exploration with Acrylics
- Beyond the Cover: The Fine Art of Bookmaking
- Fine Art Digital Photography
- Cartooning and Comic Book Illustration
- Ceramics: Introduction to Wheel Throwing for Raku Firing
- Explorations in Watercolor
- Fabulous Fashion and Fabric Design
- Introduction to Jewelry and Metals
- Mix it Up: Mixed Media Art
- Walk on the Wild Side: Wildlife Illustration