Fabulous Fashion and Fabric Design - FULL
*To be added to our waiting list, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 920-465-2775.
New this year, you will be hand painting, dying, and even spray-painting your own fabric design! Once completed, you will be using your amazing fabric to create a wearable work of art to rock our runway. Under the guidance of the fabulous Cory Linsmeyer and Nina Perkins you will learn the basics of sewing as they help you bring your designs to life. Your project(s) may take many forms including simple pants, shirts, and handbags. Bring your best ideas, because you can cut, dye, sew, embellish, or paint your designs in many unique ways!
June 14-19, 2015
For campers entering grades 6-9
Already Registered? - Pay Camp Balance
Instructors: Cory Linsmeyer and Nina Perkins
Join Cory Linsmeyer for a fashion experience like no other! Cory is a UW-Green Bay alumnus who is a Master of Fine Arts candidate at UW-Madison. Cory taught for the Summer Art Studio's Fashion Design class for a few summers, a few years ago and is returning with even more creative ideas and fashion flare. Cory was a design intern with Lara Miller, Ltd for a year and a fashion designer for Make a Wish Foundation. Past art camp fashion design students rave about the creativity and high fashion flare they experienced in Cory's class. Get excited about a fashion class like no other!
Joining Cory, as an alumni of the Summer Arts Studio's Fashion Design class, Nina Perkins has been sewing and creating garments since middle school. She loves re-working old clothes from thrift stores into new and exciting outfits as well as creating pieces from scratch. From high fashion to street style, Nina loves to pour over fashion magazines and blogs dedicated to the fun of fashion. She is excited to share her love of this world with her students. Nina is spending this year in England and will return to Summer Art Studio full of fashion inspiration from the streets of London.
Daily Class Hours:
- 8:30 am - 4:00 pm Monday - Thursday
- 8:30 am - 3:00 pm on Friday (The Final Exhibition Show will be from 3:00-4:00pm. Campers will be dismissed when the show has concluded).
- Commuter Fee: $295 (includes instruction, lunch, and camp t-shirt)
- Resident Fee: $579 (includes instruction, room, meals, counselor supervision, evening activity transportation, and camp t-shirt). The cost of evening activities will vary depending on the camper's choice. It is recommended that campers bring $25-$30 with them to camp for activities and snacks.
- Class Lab Fee: $15
A NOTE ABOUT SUPPLY LISTS: The supply list linked to each class are suggestions. You are not required to purchase everything on the list. These supplies can be purchased at an art supply store OR at craft stores, e.g. Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Ben Franklin, Walmart. Tradewinds, of Green Bay, will pre-package your supply orders and will deliver them the first morning of camp. More information about this service will be described in your supply list letter. Minimal supplies are actually needed for most classes and others are suggested to enhance the 'experimental' aspect of the class. Please call or e-mail us if you have questions.
Campers must select TWO classes -
Other Classes Available Include:
- Abstract Exploration with Acrylics
- Beyond the Cover: The Fine Art of Bookmaking
- Fine Art Digital Photography
- Cartooning and Comic Book Illustration
- Ceramics: Introduction to Wheel Throwing for Raku Firing
- Explorations in Watercolor
- Fabulous Fashion and Fabric Design
- Introduction to Jewelry and Metals
- Mix it Up: Mixed Media Art
- Walk on the Wild Side: Wildlife Illustration