Walk on the Wild Side: Wildlife Illustration
Join drawing instructor, Judy Sarasin, and go on a wildlife adventure. Capture wonderful creatures of the wild with pencil, colored pencil, and oil pastels. You will have fun translating what you see onto paper, acquire shading techniques, and combining color pencil with other media. You will feel a sense of accomplishment and pride in your uniquely appealing drawings.
Resident campers check-in June 12th. Commuter campers check-in June 13th.
June 12-17, 2016
For campers entering grades 6-9
Already Registered? - Pay Camp Balance
Instructor: Judy Sarasin
A native of the Green Bay area, Judy Sarasin received her bachelor's degree from UW-Green Bay and also a master's degree in education from UW-Green Bay. Judy has spent many years teaching art in public schools. She hopes to utilize her vast knowledge, experience, and passion to provide that special opportunity for students to develop artist skills and creativity.
Daily Class Hours:
- 8:30 am - 4:00 pm Monday - Thursday
- 8:30 am - 3:00 pm on Friday (The Final Exhibition Show will be from 3:00-4:00pm. Campers will be dismissed when the show has concluded).
- Commuter Fee: $319 (includes instruction, lunch, and camp t-shirt)
- Resident Fee: $589 (includes instruction, room, meals, counselor supervision, evening activity transportation, and camp t-shirt). The cost of evening activities will vary depending on the camper's choice. It is recommended that campers bring $25-$30 with them to camp for activities and snacks.
- Class Lab Fee: $10
A NOTE ABOUT SUPPLY LISTS: The supply list linked to each class are suggestions. You are not required to purchase everything on the list. These supplies can be purchased at an art supply store OR at craft stores, e.g. Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Ben Franklin, Walmart. Tradewinds, of Green Bay, will pre-package your supply orders and will deliver them the first morning of camp. More information about this service will be described in your supply list letter. Minimal supplies are actually needed for most classes and others are suggested to enhance the 'experimental' aspect of the class. Please call or e-mail us if you have questions.
2016 Art Camp Brochure PDF - includes paper registration form
Campers must select TWO classes -
Other Classes Available Include:
- Abstract Exploration with Acrylics
- Fine Art Digital Photography
- Cartooning and Comic Book Illustration
- Explorations in Watercolor
- Fabulous Fashion and Fabric Design
- Walk on the Wild Side: Wildlife Illustration