Abstract Exploration with Acrylics
Past and present techniques collide as artists explore the realms of realism and abstraction with artist/instructor Cristian Andersson. From Super-Realism to Non-Objective, our subject matter will be as vast as the artist’s ambitions, and take us to a world of limitless possibilities. Creativity, exploration, and a fun and friendly environment awaits where the typical can become the extraordinary with the flip of a brush.
Resident campers check-in on June 12th. Commuter campers check-in on June 13th.
Online Registration Now Closed
June 12-17, 2016
For campers entering grades 6-9
Already Registered? - Pay Camp Balance
Instructor: Cristian Andersson
Cristian Andersson is a recent UW-Green Bay graduate, with a double major in fine arts and graphic design. His focus at the university was in printmaking, supplemented with a number of photography courses. Prior to that he attended Columbia College in Chicago taking extensive painting and performance art courses. Much of his work deals with the concept of the evolution of the self: how life changes are delt with and interpersonal relationships navigated.
Daily Class Hours:
- 8:30 am - 4:00 pm Monday - Thursday
- 8:30 am - 3:00 pm on Friday (The Final Exhibition Show will be from 3:00-4:00pm. Campers will be dismissed when the show has concluded).
- Commuter Fee: $319 (includes instruction, lunch, and camp t-shirt)
- Resident Fee: $589 (includes instruction, room, meals, counselor supervision, evening activity transportation, and camp t-shirt). The cost of evening activities will vary depending on the camper's choice. It is recommended that campers bring $25-$30 with them to camp for activities and snacks.
- Class Lab Fee: $5
A NOTE ABOUT SUPPLY LISTS: The supply list linked to each class are suggestions. You are not required to purchase everything on the list. These supplies can be purchased at an art supply store OR at craft stores, e.g. Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Ben Franklin, Walmart. Tradewinds, of Green Bay, will pre-package your supply orders and will deliver them the first morning of camp. More information about this service will be described in your supply list letter. Minimal supplies are actually needed for most classes and others are suggested to enhance the 'experimental' aspect of the class. Please call or e-mail us if you have questions.
2016 Art Camp Brochure PDF - includes paper registration form
Campers must select TWO classes -
Other Classes Available Include:
- Abstract Exploration with Acrylics
- Fine Art Digital Photography
- Cartooning and Comic Book Illustration
- Explorations in Watercolor
- Fabulous Fashion and Fabric Design
- Walk on the Wild Side: Wildlife Illustration
- Screen Printing