Explorations in Watercolor
Watercolor, like a puddle of water, invites us to splish and splash! Campers will enjoy splashing in juicy puddles of transparent paint as we explore the free flowing nature of watercolor. By experimenting with the textures created by different types of salt, sea sponges, plastic wrap, bubble wrap, and a variety of other materials, campers will create beautiful, vibrant, and imaginative paintings. Working with instructor, Tricia Matthew, campers will also learn about color theory, how to work with flat and round brushes, the basics of the watercolor wash, and composition. Some of the campers work may also be used to create watercolor cards, bookmarks, or postcards!!!
June 14-19, 2015
For campers entering grades 6-9
Online registration is now closed.
Already Registered? - Pay Camp Balance
Instructor: Tricia Matthew
Watercolor artist and Presbyterian minister, Tricia Matthew, fell in love with watercolor while attending a workshop entitled, "Art as Doorway to the Sacret" where she connected with an innter creative spirit longing to find expression in her life. She has studied with many watercolor artists and her work as been exhibited throughout Northeast Wisconsin. Tricia has been teaching watercolor for 13 years and also facilitates workshops in art and spirituality and dream exploration. She lives in Green Bay with her husband Keith and two mischievous cats!
Daily Class Hours:
- 8:30 am - 4:00 pm Monday - Thursday
- 8:30 am - 3:00 pm on Friday (The Final Exhibition Show will be from 3:00-4:00pm. Campers will be dismissed when the show has concluded).
- Commuter Fee: $295 (includes instruction, lunch, and camp t-shirt)
- Resident Fee: $579 (includes instruction, room, meals, counselor supervision, evening activity transportation, and camp t-shirt). The cost of evening activities will vary depending on the camper's choice. It is recommended that campers bring $25-$30 with them to camp for activities and snacks.
- Class Lab Fee: $35
A NOTE ABOUT SUPPLY LISTS: The supply list linked to each class are suggestions. Campers/Parents are not required to purchase everything on the list. These supplies can be purchased at an art supply store OR at craft stores, e.g. Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Ben Franklin, Walmart. Tradewinds, of Green Bay, will pre-package your supply orders and will deliver them the first morning of camp. More information about this service will be described in your supply list letter. Minimal supplies are actually needed for most classes and others are suggested to enhance the 'experimental' aspect of the class. Please call or e-mail us if you have questions.
Campers must select TWO classes -
Other Classes Available Include:
- Abstract Exploration with Acrylics
- Beyond the Cover: The Fine Art of Bookmaking
- Fine Art Digital Photography
- Cartooning and Comic Book Illustration
- Ceramics: Introduction to Wheel Throwing for Raku Firing
- Explorations in Watercolor
- Fabulous Fashion and Fabric Design
- Introduction to Jewelry and Metals
- Mix it Up: Mixed Media Art
- Walk on the Wild Side: Wildlife Illustration