UWGB Middle School Band, Orchestra, Choral and Piano Camps: July 12-17, 2015
Band, Orchestra, Piano, and Choral students entering grades 6-9 are invited to participate in the UW-Green Bay Summer Music Camps! The camp starts on Sunday afternoon, July 12th, with orientation and auditions. Monday-Friday, all campers participate in rehearsals, master classes, sectionals, and "camper's choice" classes. Public concerts start at 6:00pm July 17th in the Weidner Center for the Performing Arts. Make new music and new friends at the UW-Green Bay Music Camps! Open for commuters and housing campers, register by July 7, 2015. Join us as we celebrate our 49th summer!
"My daughter had nervous butterflies about attending the Choir Camp but after the first day she felt assured that this was the right place for her! She had fun! She would go to bed early so the next day would come sooner so she could go back to Camp! That says a lot about the UWGB organization - she will be back next year!"
- Parent of a Music Camper
- Daily Class Hours: 8:30 am - 3:40 pm
- Commuter* Fee: $295 (includes instruction, lunches and camp t-shirt)
- Resident/Housing Fees: $569 (includes instruction, room and board, camp t-shirt, counselor supervision and evening activity transportation) Students must be at least 12 years of age to stay overnight as a resident camper.
- Eligibility: For students entering grades 6-9 for band and piano; grades 7-9 for orchestra and choir
Auditions will be held for Band, Orchestra, Choir and Piano participants on Sunday afternoon.
There are no auditions for 6th & 7th graders in X-Band.
*Commuter Drop off/Pick up Policy: Parents are advised to drop off and pick up your child promptly. The camp begins at 8:30 a.m., with staff on site at 8:00 a.m. Please pick up your camper by 3:40 p.m. with staff on site until 4:00 p.m. Failure to pick up your child on time will result in a supervisory charge of $15 per hour.
NOTE: Green Bay Transit operates to and from campus each day, with drop off locations at the Cofrin Library and the Studio Arts Building. The buses run :10 and :40 on the hour. Bus passes are $2 per day for students. For more information contact: http://www.greenbaymetro.org or call 920-448-3450.
UW-Green Bay Camp Policies: Camp Policies
UW-Green Bay Camp Health Form: Health Form
UW-Green Bay Camps Map: Maps and Directions
UW-Green Bay Resident Handbook: Housing Handbook
Campers just like you from all over Wisconsin and Upper Michigan, Illiniois and Minnesota are amazed at how much they learn in just one week of UW-Green Bay's Summer Music Camp. Whether you've just started playing your instrument or you've been playing or singing for a few years already, this camp will move you to a new level in your skills and love for music. You will start school this fall with honed skills that will impress your music teacher and enhance the quality of your performing group at school. Be part of an amazing tradition! Sign up for the UW-Green Bay Summer Music Camp today!
- Awards: Outstanding campers will be chosen to receive partial scholarships to the 2016 camp.
- Camp Dance and other great social activities: An evening dance will be held on Thursday, July 16th for Resident Campers.
- Final Concert: Friday, July 17th at 6:00 p.m. in the prestigious Weidner Center for the Performing Arts.
The camp week begins Sunday afternoon, July 12th, with auditions and an all-camp meeting. Daily sessions are held Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 3:40 p.m. A typical daily schedule is as follows:
- 8:30 a.m. Sectional
- 9:35 a.m. Rehearsal
- 10:40 a.m. Option Class*
- 11:45 a.m. Lunch
- 12:35 p.m. Rehearsal
- 1:40 p.m. Comprehensive Musicianship Rehearsal
- 2:45 p.m. Option Class*