skip to content
Commencement Checklist for Graduates
- Review the Registrar's webpage for graduation requirements.
- Apply for Graduation and sign up for the commencement ceremony through the Student Information System (SIS). It is recommended that you do this before the beginning of the semester in which you plan to receive a degree.
In order for your name to appear in the printed commencement program, you must apply for graduation at least four weeks prior to the commencement ceremony.
- Review the ceremony details for the ceremony that you signed up for. If you expect to earn your degree in May or August, you will participate in the spring/summer ceremony. If you expect to earn your degree in December or January, you will particpate in the fall/winter ceremony. These ceremonies are quite different, so be sure you are looking at the appropriate information.
- Purchase your cap and gown.
- Pick up honors cords if you are graduating with honors.
- Pick up tickets to the ceremony for your guests.
- Let people know you are graduating with
- On Twitter? Share your excitement, congratulations, or words of wisdom by adding the #gbgrad hashtag to your tweets.
- Review Guest Information, which includes making overnight accommodations, requests for special needs and information on photography and video.
- Check the Senior Celebration event list for fun things to do.
- Support your soon-to-be alma mater by giving a senior gift.
- As a UW-Green Bay graduate, you are automatically a member of the Alumni Association, a great group of alumni that is over 31,000 strong! Stay connected by liking us on Facebook, following us on Twitter, and keeping us in the loop with your updates and successes.