Students, alumni, staff, and community members who perform the music and processional announcements in the commencement ceremony are paid a stipend for their services. The stipend amount for band members is $80, for national anthem and alma mater performers it is $50, and for processional announcers it is $50.

State and federal policies require employment paperwork to be completed in order for payments to be processed. Please check the chart below to see which forms you will need to complete (note that performers who are current students must sign and submit the Student Employment Acknowledgement for each position they work on campus). The forms are available to download by clicking on the links, or you may pick up printed copies in Theater Hall Suite 331 (band) or Cofrin Library Suite 835 (singers and announcers).

All forms for band performers must be completed, signed and dated in ink, and submitted to Janet Gomez in Suite 331 of Theater Hall (NOT to Human Resources). Vocal performers and announcers should submit their forms to Jan Snyder in the Provost Office, Suite 835 in the Cofrin Library. Unfortunately, if your paperwork is not received within 3 days after your performance it will be considered volunteer work (per federal employment regulations).

If you are required to complete the I-9 Form, it is important to note two things: 1) the acceptable forms of ID listed on page 4 (one from List A OR one from List B AND one from List C), and 2) you will need to take the forms and ID in person to the appropriate office for ID verification.

If you have any questions, please contact:

Band Payments Vocal and Announcer Payments
Janet Gomez
Phone: (920) 465-2348
Mail: 2420 Nicolet Dr./TH 331/Green Bay, WI 54311-7001
Jan Snyder
Phone: (920) 465-2082
2420 Nicolet Dr./CL 835/Green Bay, WI 54311-7001
Performer Paperwork Required
Student currently on UWGB payroll Student Employment Acknowledgement only (unless other forms on file in HR are outdated)
Student not on payroll Student Employment Acknowledgement, I-9 w/ 2 forms of ID (see instructions for specifics), Self-ID Form, W-4 Form, and Direct Deposit. See below for Health Insurance Marketplace Notice.
Alumni on payroll during current calendar year Agreement to payment terms via email only (unless forms on file in HR are outdated)
University Staff Temporary Employment Forms (for this position only)
Alumni not on payroll during current year Agreement to payment terms via email and W-9 Form
Academic Staff, Faculty, & Limited Staff Approved Personnel Action Request (Janet will initiate)
Community member Agreement to payment terms via email and W-9 Form
Direct Deposit Form
Health Insurance Marketplace Notice
I-9 Form
Self-Identification Form
Student Employment Acknowledgement
W-4 Form
W-9 Form
Temporary Employment Forms (contact Janet Gomez)